Specific 2011 PRHT suspension advice

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
JamesK383

Re: Specific 2011 PRHT suspension advice

Post by JamesK383 »

Start with the shocks and change the bump stops while you are in there. Fat Cat has lots of online videos and info for the value here.

Then if you feel like the suspension needs to be balanced in ways that your dampening couldn't.

I'd recommend taking an incremental approach.

Changing too many variable at once with make it harder to appreciate their effects, and adding the sways latter is pretty easy.

There is also a lot of debate/opinion whether or not anti sway bars positively or negatively affect handling. This approach allows you to base line the before and after sways also.

Personally i didn't go this way and have second guessed it ever since. I did sways first. then springs and shocks.
mdw1000

Post by mdw1000 »

What about reliability of Koni vs Bilstein? Thoughts?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

mdw1000 wrote:What about reliability of Koni vs Bilstein? Thoughts?
No difference there on reliability.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
mdw1000

Post by mdw1000 »

Do you recommend a specific bump stop set be installed at the same time as the Konis?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Our senior Mechanic, Rocky, loves the Powerflex kit, our item 20-1022NC...because complete with high durability stops and dust boots. But for a lowered car I prefer the dynamics of our item 61-0792 stops. So, for the casual driver not lowering, or just a little with Koni, the Powerflex is a great choice. For using Koni and lowering springs, we suggest 61-0792.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com