New ND Midpipe

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: New ND Midpipe

Post by Brian »

Don't have final weight. No point in taking the weight before delivery of actual production part, proto versions always have extra welds and that throws off the weight. Nonetheless, it will be heavier than our current midpipe because both converter and resonator are bigger. The goal of this item is not the lightest midpipe on the market, the goal is getting as much sound control done in the midpipe as possible with flow to handle all out performance from E85 builds, superchargers, turbos, etc.

The BIG news is we do finally have date for delivery of first batch....December 15th! Will activate item on site for pre-orders at least 2 weeks prior.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
RF11

Post by RF11 »

Will this new Max midpipe design matter if the ND would be a Manual or Automatic transmission? I see you have noted that it has not yet tried on a Automatic transmission ND? Is there any obstruction underneath the transmission that will prevent the midpipe from installing properly?

Also I just bought a couple of weeks ago the MaxTorque Ceramic Standard Length Header, before I placed my order I informed sales that my ND is an Automatic Transmission. Will the transmission vary with this header? Does it matter?

Thanks in advance.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Header fits auto and manual....that we checked long ago.

Midpipe is a different question. The auto trans is a different shape, fat at the bottom by comparison to the manual. So, fitting manual trans does not tell us if the midpipe will clear auto and we need to get an automatic on the lift here before we can answer that fit question.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
MarshallL353

Post by MarshallL353 »

Thinking of pairing this with my SSTT on an otherwise stock Club

1.) What changes to the sound can I expect? I've read that it lowers pitch a bit, but not clear if overall volume will be increased.

2.) Would power improve in any meaningful way, or would I need to tune to take advantage?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Bigger and heavier than stock midpipe, inevitable when you go up in size with everything from resonator to pipe size to cat size. Little to no change in volume compared with stock midpipe, design goal was met...and that design goal was getting us full 2.5 inches of flow all the way from the header outlet (all the aftermarket headers we offer and that I have seen are 2.5 inch outlets), while trying to keep volume as stable as we could in comparison to smaller diameter stock midpipe. If not doing a header, really no point in looking at the midpipe. Even if doing a header, little point in street users doing the midpipe which is only going to help further at the very top of RPMS. We did it primarily for those seeking max flow at all rpms.... the track guys, and for those going eventually with Turbo and/or Supercharger.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

Is "and/or" just a typo, or are you trying wilder things? ;)
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

jboemler wrote:Is "and/or" just a typo, or are you trying wilder things? ;)
I must have been thinking of FM's Turbo/Supercharger combo on ND. :wink:
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

Ah! I clearly haven't followed the ND enough, didn't realize they had such a thing.
ChristopherH060

Post by ChristopherH060 »

About to order the OpenFlash tablet and GWR header. Sound aside, is there any data available on the improvement if I bite the bullet and do the MaxMid and SuperQ at the same time?
Alternately, what's the net gain (TQ/HP) of Tune + header on stock mid/exhaust vs. Tune + full exhaust swap (GWR package)? :?: