2010 NC Miata suspension options

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
JasonR528

2010 NC Miata suspension options

Post by JasonR528 »

I just ordered tires for my car, they are 245/40/17, and I will be putting them on enkei rpf1 17x9 wheels. I know I will need to roll the fenders, but I would like to know what options I have regarding the suspension. Can I go with the progress springs and koni adjustable shocks, or will be that be too low for the bigger tires? If so, what springs and shocks can I go with to clear my tires?
Thanks
Brian
Site Admin

Re: 2010 NC Miata suspension options

Post by Brian »

YES...you can go with Progress Springs and Koni Shocks. Fitment actually gets easier with a little bit of lowering, because you get access to a lot more negative camber that tips tops of your tires inward....which then means you don't need as much fender lip rolling as you would have before.

As for choice of lowering springs/shocks....that's a LOT OF TIRE AND WHEEL for mild rate springs. Usually if we are putting that much wheel and tire on the NC we are doing so with Coilovers that have several times the spring rate of the Progress Springs. Otherwise so much grip tosses you hard onto the bumpstops if planning to use that grip for track weekends or autocross competition.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JasonR528

Post by JasonR528 »

I have been considering coilovers also, but I wasn't sure if they were necessary. I haven't tracked my car yet, but I will eventually. This is my part time daily driver, so I'm worried about being too low on the streets here in the bay area. It sounds like the koni shocks will make the car too low, so I might be going with the coilovers instead.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Indeed coilovers put you in control of final heights, with ability to adjust as necessary and change your mind about heights and go higher or lower as you like.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com