NC soft top question

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
matthew-m

NC soft top question

Post by matthew-m »

I wrecked my 2007 PRHT and I'm considering the soft top as a replacement. The first example I inspected seemed to have a fitment issue. Is it required to lower the windows to close the soft top? Also, how close should the windows be to the edge of the soft top? I wish I paid more attention to the new cars...

Looking for a NC with HID lights...
Matthew Metoyer
2010 Grey MX-5 GT, Manual, Sport Package, Street Single w/Baffle, FCM Coilovers - "GT" setup with KBO & Ripple Reducer, 16x8 wheels, Budget Big Brakes, Goodwin Underbody Braces, Cravenspeed Shift Knob
Chuck H

Re: NC soft top question

Post by Chuck H »

It's recommended to lower the windows at least an inch or so to close the soft top. There's a pretty big piece of weatherstripping where the window meets the soft top, and it makes it harder to latch the top if the windows are all the way up. It's actually easier to lower the top as well if the windows aren't all the way up, because that soft weatherstipping grabs the glass pretty well.

Also, if you want HIDs, I think you have to go with the GT trim level. I don't think it was available on either the Sport or Touring.
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers