NC Clutch Hydraulics Refresh Kit

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Ryan @ GWR

NC Clutch Hydraulics Refresh Kit

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

Just released, this is a full kit that replaces every component in the clutch hydraulics system. The kit uses our new extended length clutch line that reaches directly from the master all the way to the slave, eliminating all the factory soft and hard lines in the system which reduces failure points. Includes genuine Exedy/Daikin master and slave and a bottle of fluid.

NC Clutch Hydraulics Combo
61-2381.jpg
We also have the extended clutch line available separately for those who already have a fresh master and slave:

Techna Fit Complete Replacement Stainless Steel Clutch Line

jboemler

Re: NC Clutch Hydraulics Refresh Kit

Post by jboemler »

Nice, but I have a request: put up a larger-diameter master, or a small-diameter slave. in order to get the clutch engagement point higher up without risk of closing off the reservoir. The NC world pretty much universally hates having the clutch engage down by the floor, and a real fix would be very welcome.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Perhaps I am the exception, cause at 6'2 the engagement near the floor is what my long legs need.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

Do you ride the pedal, Brian? Unless you do, the same solution would be best for you too. As it is, you have to use a very long throw on the pedal, which just isn't any good for anyone. With the hydraulics changed, you could maintain the low engagement point, but lower the at-rest position of the pedal, so you never had to scrunch your knee as much, and the throw was shorter.

Perhaps what's needed is a hydraulic fix PLUS a pedal stop adjustment?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

jboemler wrote:Do you ride the pedal, Brian? Unless you do, the same solution would be best for you too. As it is, you have to use a very long throw on the pedal, which just isn't any good for anyone. With the hydraulics changed, you could maintain the low engagement point, but lower the at-rest position of the pedal, so you never had to scrunch your knee as much, and the throw was shorter.

Perhaps what's needed is a hydraulic fix PLUS a pedal stop adjustment?

Hi Jim,

I have an ACT clutch in the car currently, which has a very short throw by nature. Together with engagement point near the floor I have no complaints with the setup.

Nonetheless, we have decided to start project that might help some with shorter legs than I have, effectively raise the engagement point about 1.5 to 2 inches. No ETA yet but Ryan is on it.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

Brian wrote:
jboemler wrote:Nonetheless, we have decided to start project that might help some with shorter legs than I have, effectively raise the engagement point about 1.5 to 2 inches. No ETA yet but Ryan is on it.
WONDERFUL News! Thanks for being responsive, as usual.