Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Post by Brian »

I can say from experience with both Racing Beat and SuperQ....that the SuperQ will have more sound than the Racing Beat with the catless header. But hard to define 'more' to give you idea of how much more it really is, perhaps 10 percent. For another 20 percent you could do RoadsterSport II, the issue there is some drone with catless header and the cure would be Helmholtz Midpipe, combo result not as loud as with any single but a lot more sound than SuperQ.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
VernonA420

Post by VernonA420 »

Thanks, Brian. I've long thought that the RSII might be the ticket. I'm going to try to hunt down someone around here who has one of those with a header so I can drive it and see for myself what it sounds like.

I have a Helmholtz midpipe sitting in my garage. I installed it, then took it back off because I didn't think it sounded good with the RB muffler. I'm not giving up on it, just need to find the right combo.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Work proceeding on 17x10 NC Race Wheel Project.

CAD Rendering.

Goal for our fastest autocross and track NC customers is correct offset for plug and play on NC with just mild fender roll. Chosen offset will assume over 2 degrees negative camber front and rear (our Budget NC Racer has -3 front, -2.5 rear). With luck, production by August
Attachments
Hyper10s.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Guys, our BEST SWAY Kit for NC is on sale, last of 2018 priced kits. Progress tells us we got a price increase coming in April. Last chance for the best deal on NC SWAYS. Look around and notice some vendors have already raised their retail to $400 on this kit....CLICK for MUCH LOWER PRICE while it lasts.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AnthonyS698

Post by AnthonyS698 »

Brian wrote:Final BEST....196 HP.
Sorry, I tried to tag along in this thread but might have missed a few things. Can you summarize what performance mods contributed to the 196 HP?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Junkyard 2.5 liter, cams, complete exhaust starting with big RoadsterSport 1.8 inch Max Power header, MotoEast Intake (now Xero Limit), and tune by Xero Limit.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
KevinB238

Post by KevinB238 »

Brian wrote:Work proceeding on 17x10 NC Race Wheel Project.

Goal for our fastest autocross and track NC customers is correct offset for plug and play on NC with just mild fender roll. Chosen offset will assume over 2 degrees negative camber front and rear (our Budget NC Racer has -3 front, -2.5 rear). With luck, production by August
I love it! I would also love it if it came in bronze or gold. I really like the new Radium Bronze they have. But either way, I am interested in the 17x10 when they come out. Keep us updated!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Ready for Autocross fun tomorrow!

Bumped up spring rates a bit more. 12kg front/7kg rear (formerly 10kg/6kg). Still Meister Club Race.
Attachments
NC-R.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

TOP TIME OF DAY Results!
stadiumNCR.jpg

BMW Club Event Yesterday. Still on the prototype RoadsterSport sways, decided to bump the spring rates on the coilovers first. It worked and it didn't work. This lot is really old and busted up, the 10kg/6kg was a good compromise for this busted up surface, the 12/7 combo we added for this event had faster turn-in response as expected but the bumpy nature of the lot was even more obvious. Overall the car was even a bit faster than last time. Last time we were the fastest thing with doors, getting beat only by a formula car, this time we got that formula car, but there were bumpy spots in the course where the 12/7 combo punished me a bit too (where Ohlins DFV high speed secondary valving would have opened and kept tires on the ground a bit better). Nonetheless, hard to argue with Top Time of Day results for this budget package in field that included every sort of sports car from Ferrari to Porsche to Lotus to every BMW M badge. We beat the Camaros and Vettes and GT3 and everything else....with a Miata built at a fraction of the costs. Once again, Miata is Always the Answer!
toysbmw.jpg
The Winning Run:
Attachments
BMWResultsJPEG.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

One bit of extra fun to mention from event yesterday. I posted pics of the car on facebook NC group while we were getting it ready and buddy Moti of Blackbird Fabworx noted that we still had the track angle set for the rear spoiler. We cranked it more and the car got faster and easier to control at the limit, so we cranked it more and the car got even faster. If I had not listened to Moti, don't think we would have taken home Top Time of Day. Did not intend the day to be a test day for the Blackbird Fabworx Lexan Spoiler, but it was fun and very satisfying to get the positive results with it.

More Detail on Blackbird Fabworx Lexan Spoiler for NC CLICK HERE.
Attachments
AngleofAttack.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com