Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
jboemler

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Post by jboemler »

Wide wheels, and we only get side pictures...? :shock:
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

jboemler wrote:Wide wheels, and we only get side pictures...? :shock:

Jim, the focus of yesterday was the Grand Opening of our new location! So the day started before 6am and ran beyond 6pm. The wheels had just arrived and we were lucky to squeeze in the time the night before to get two of the grey color mounted and two of the black and I was pretty excited that I got a quick pic of the car rolling out at dawn going one direction to be displayed at the event, and then another picture late day as we drove the car back the other direction, but focus of the day was all our guests and hosting the event. Besides, 255/40 tire pics on NC fill our gallery, it's not the tire width that is new here, and that's what you would see from behind.
08.jpg
So I got one decent pic of grey, another of black.
Black10NCfrontsss.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

I wasn't ragging on you, Brian, just always love more pics. Congrats on the new digs.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yet another FUN item coming out of our latest NC Project! Had many of you out there ask us to consider a redo on the underbody braces. Our RoadsterSport underbody braces are the MOST stiff on the market in tubular honeycomb aluminum but there is a loss of ground clearance with that choice and our customers lowered a lot on coilovers asked us to recreate something like the MazdaSpeed brand braces that use flat tube section aluminum for zero loss in ground clearance as against the OEM braces that Mazda included on the NC from the factory. Attachment points are the same, looks similar, but our version is honeycomb flat tube for even greater strength.

It's here, on the site soon!

Original MazdaSpeed version pics:
MazdaSpeedNCBrace1.jpg
mazdaspeedNCbrace2.jpg
mazdaspeedNCbrace2.jpg (74.53 KiB) Viewed 4354 times

New and improved RoadsterSport version with flat tubular honeycomb construction:
MRoadsterSportBraces.jpg
MRoadsterSportbraceslowprofile.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

After more play time today with production bits we decided that we are so offended by the overweight clunky factory K brace that we are going to finish this new low profile brace setup by doing a matching K brace section. Shown is the OEM K brace, steel and heavy, going to do that too in the low profile honeycomb aluminum.
Attachments
Kbrace1.jpg
Kbrace1.jpg (59.04 KiB) Viewed 4341 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Zadnak

Post by Zadnak »

Brian wrote:After more play time today with production bits we decided that we are so offended by the overweight clunky factory K brace that we are going to finish this new low profile brace setup by doing a matching K brace section. Shown is the OEM K brace, steel and heavy, going to do that too in the low profile honeycomb aluminum.
Could you please ensure the new K brace clears long tube headers? My 1.5 PPE long tube header rattles against my ILM K brace and amount to back to OEM for a little bit more clearance. This would be a wonderful upgrade if it will clear with room to spare.
vteckiller2000

Post by vteckiller2000 »

Hey Brian, I cooked the R4-1 pads in 1.5 track days with ducting. I've thrown away enough money on pads as a bbk this year. Any update in the bbk?
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

Have you considered going faster by braking less? No, not being snarky, just remembering that it worked for me.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

vteckiller2000 wrote:Hey Brian, I cooked the R4-1 pads in 1.5 track days with ducting. I've thrown away enough money on pads as a bbk this year. Any update in the bbk?

I expect new brakes on the site within this month.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
474motorsport

Post by 474motorsport »

Hi Brian,
When upgrading to say a 255 tyre the rolling diameter increases abit. Is that much of an issue or do you look at changing final drive at all?