Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
grippy

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Post by grippy »

Hi Brian

Any progress or news on the oil cooler kit?
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

grippy wrote:Hi Brian

Any progress or news on the oil cooler kit?
Still working on it, no news to report.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Now in Black Satin Finish!
Attachments
BlackSatinMoroso.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JonY314

Post by JonY314 »

Thanks for this great thread. I've got an '06 Winning Blue that is going to be my 2.5 project car. It's a GT, but I also have a brand new 5-speed trans that can go in. Wanted to ask...I assume your budget 2.5 build has a 5-speed in it? Does it seem to handle the power of a cam'd 2.5 ok? Figured I might try the 5-speed and then strengthen my 6-spd while it is out with NC2 box upgrades.

Also, what clutch setup are you running? I have an Exedy HD pressure plate from a previous car and was trying to decide if the Exedy Stage 1 clutch disc would handle the power of a 2.5 with a cams or if I would need to do the Stage 2?
I do not ever plan to boost it. It will be street driven and sometimes RallyX'd and ice raced. I have already purchased your 1.8 Max header, hemholt mid, and RS muffler. Thanks!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We have had good luck getting the 5 Speed to survive, still have one in our 300+HP supercharged 2007. The key seems to be limit the twist with better engine mounts in particular, diff mounts help too. Start with our RoadsterSport engine mounts, high durometer rubber. LINK IS HERE. You will also see we have MUCH stiffer mounts than these, but this is my own choice as BEST if car will still get some street driving, they won't rattle your teeth!
AANC_MCSTYLE_Motor_Mount.JPG
AANC_MCSTYLE_Motor_Mount.JPG (9.43 KiB) Viewed 4432 times
As for clutch, while the used 2.5 motor was on the way into the car my recollection is that we grabbed an old ACT stage 1 that was used, well used, from my own junk pile of NC bits at home.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
KevinB238

Post by KevinB238 »

Brian wrote:Had a lot of questions about whether our new 12.19 Big Brakes fit the SUPER popular Enkei RP-F1 17x9.

Answer is YES, easily!
Hey Brian! Any update on when the 12.19 BBK might hit shelves?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

KevinB238 wrote:
Brian wrote:Had a lot of questions about whether our new 12.19 Big Brakes fit the SUPER popular Enkei RP-F1 17x9.

Answer is YES, easily!
Hey Brian! Any update on when the 12.19 BBK might hit shelves?

My hope is by late July but still testing various options on that.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Our BEST NC Radiator Back In Stock, the Triple Pass!
Attachments
TriplePassB.jpg
TriplePassA.jpg
TriplePass.jpg
TriplePass.jpg (18.26 KiB) Viewed 4160 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
KevinB238

Post by KevinB238 »

Hey Brian!

I am not emulating your build on purpose, but I keep loving the new products you are bringing to market so I find that my car is looking more and more like this budget NC as I go along. I have the ClubRace coilovers, will be getting the Konig 17x10 and putting them on 200tw tires. I am debating if I need upgraded sway bars. I know you guys are running the RS prototype sways in your car. Why are you running those versus the Progress sways?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

For race purposes our Progress Sways would be better for sure, more rate! But this project serves a lot of purposes besides weekend race events and we had a lot of demand for a set of 'street' sways that are not as serious as the Progress Sways. Thus, this project was used to develop RoadsterSport sways which are not as much rate as the Progress Sways and aimed more at the pure street drivers seeking a more flat car in daily canyon and freeway onramp fun. Naturally, we wanted to prove they can still go racing, so we have raced with them and won, but nonetheless the RoadsterSport sways are aimed at the more dedicated street only driver. The Progress sways will continue as next step up in performance and aimed at the guy planning daily fun AND weekend autocross and track.

Pics of our Progress Sways Below, Details CLICK HERE.
Attachments
AAProgress_sways_for_MX-5-Miata.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com