Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Post by Brian »

More NC Love!

Even more NC love for you guys, the new Sway Bars developed on this project are NOW SHIPPING! Easily the best deal anywhere in NC Sways, including more adjustment range than any choices near this price rage (FOUR adjustment holes per bar end front, THREE at the rear). That gives you as the user a lot of range of adjustment. Our Progress Sways remain the top of the food chain, but for those on a budget seeking bars that can and do race and win, the bang for the buck value here is big:
Attachments
NC-Sways.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Another fun shot from Laguna 3 day event, this picture courtesy Lou Lezzi
Attachments
BudgetCorkscrewLous.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Emmett70

Post by Emmett70 »

Hi Brian,

A few pages back you mentioned that the new NC braces were going to be posted for sale soon. Do you have an ETA on when those will be available and also, any idea what the price will be?

Thanks,

Emmett
2006 MX5 Progress springs and sways, Koni, RPF1
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Emmett70 wrote:Hi Brian,

A few pages back you mentioned that the new NC braces were going to be posted for sale soon. Do you have an ETA on when those will be available and also, any idea what the price will be?

Thanks,

Emmett
No ETA or details, waiting on one more brace before that all comes together.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Something else that got prototyped and developed on this car is our new MagnaFlow MX-5 Midpipe with CARB Catalytic Converter. We worked with our partners up the road at Magnaflow on this special CARB legal midpipe, full 2.5 inch flow start to finish with flanges to match ALL our RoadsterSport Mufflers and yet with CARB legal core. Now performance and CARB compliance go hand in hand! On the site now.
Attachments
MagMid.jpg
MagMid.jpg (28.95 KiB) Viewed 5877 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Budget NC out for Autocross Fun today! Greg and Brian Co-driving, report by Brian:

The plan today was to run the Fiat 124 against the NC Budget car, making it as head to head as we could. With upgraded turbo the Fiat is making about 20 more hp than the 2.5 Budget NC, and about 40 ft/lbs more torque...ouch! Thus, no surprise the Fiat is faster in a straight line. But autocross is a grip game, and the 17x10 package on the Budget NC with sufficient spring rates makes it so fast in the turns and so quick to transition that the Fiat didn't stand much chance today. The Fiat got 245/40 Hoosiers on 17x9 in an attempt to even up the odds, but the spring package on the Fiat is currently softer (9kg/5kg). The Budget NC has 17x10 and RE71R 255/40 and 12kg front springs, 9kg rear. Even with the softer compound Hoosiers the Fiat was no match for this NC in the corners. In fact, the NC Project once again dominated the day, beating all BMW, Porsche, Lotus, etc.

Sadly by the time my co-driver had finished his runs the clutch was overheated, all my runs were compromised by slipping clutch through the highest grip sections of the run. We left before the open wheel cars had done their runs and learned later that our time got beat for Top Time of Day by two open wheel machines that weigh far less than we do, so we beat everything with doors and stereo and A/C.....not bad at all considering there were plenty of three figure sportscars in the field....and clutch slip cost me at least 2 seconds per run.

Next up is a better clutch in this project! Nonetheless, love the mechanical grip this car makes, its just unreal in the turns.
Attachments
Budget17d.jpg
Budget17b.jpg
Budget17a.jpg
Budget17.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
FFwizard

Post by FFwizard »

Good to hear, Brian. I look forward to getting my 2.5L NC out for an autocross, hopefully this wkend. :D I have a very similar set up to your car, but probably not the same level of driver skill.
474motorsport

Post by 474motorsport »

Hi Brian,
My 17x10s are on there way from your shop looking forward to the new hypergram they look great :)
I've got the progress sway bar kit for front and rear.

Question is. You are running 12/9 spring setup with a softer sway bar than I'll be using. Will I be looking at a softer spring rate because of this?
Thanks
Richard

Ps keep up the great work
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

You should always set your spring rates first, then use sway bars for fine tuning. Bars are (relatively) cheap and easy to replace, and you don't want to buy springs to match your bars.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

474motorsport wrote:Hi Brian,
My 17x10s are on there way from your shop looking forward to the new hypergram they look great :)
I've got the progress sway bar kit for front and rear.

Question is. You are running 12/9 spring setup with a softer sway bar than I'll be using. Will I be looking at a softer spring rate because of this?
Thanks
Richard

Ps keep up the great work
As noted by Jim, just use the bars to tune the balance, won't need softer with all that grip.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com