Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Postby Chuck H » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:55 am

Brian,

How much wheel/tire would you think someone would need to be running before the Club Race coilovers are worthwhile over the CRDs? Are we talking only on a car with 17x9 or 17x10 wheels and 245/255 width 200 TW tires, or would they also work well on something a little more modest like 16x8 or 17x8 with 225 PS4s, ECS, or something along those lines?
2012 Copper Red Touring
Progress springs and sways
Chuck H
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:28 am

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Postby Brian » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:55 am

Chuck H wrote:Brian,

How much wheel/tire would you think someone would need to be running before the Club Race coilovers are worthwhile over the CRDs? Are we talking only on a car with 17x9 or 17x10 wheels and 245/255 width 200 TW tires, or would they also work well on something a little more modest like 16x8 or 17x8 with 225 PS4s, ECS, or something along those lines?


Even with 17x9 the roll resistance gains from the higher spring rate will be evident in autocross/track use. But with 17x8 the 7/5 combo is plenty.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8972
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:44 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Postby Brian » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:56 am

NWroadrunner wrote:While someone's brought it up... I'd like to hear impressions about the GWR spec Feal 441 with 6/4 springs, specifically vs. the MeisterR 7/5 or 6/4 CRD. have not been able to find a single review. Only a couple about the standard, non-GWR 441 with 8/6 or 7/5 rates. Brian, when was the last time you tested the 6/4kg 441 on the NC, or got solid feedback about them from a customer?


It has been a long time, I would need a more side by side to give meaningful comparison of the FEAL and MeisterR.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8972
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:44 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Postby NWroadrunner » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:01 pm

Brian wrote:It has been a long time, I would need a more side by side to give meaningful comparison of the FEAL and MeisterR.


When did your spec Feal come out, and how was it developed?
NWroadrunner
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:18 am

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Postby Brian » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:06 pm

NWroadrunner wrote:
Brian wrote:It has been a long time, I would need a more side by side to give meaningful comparison of the FEAL and MeisterR.


When did your spec Feal come out, and how was it developed?


Ran those in another project NC here, found the thread but not a lot of comment....link HERE.

Since it was two years ago, I just don't recall a lot of detail now on those, and two pages later I am talking about how much I love the OHLINS in that NC at Laguna.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8972
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:44 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Postby NWroadrunner » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:32 pm

Thanks Brian, I am going to ask Odi to see what he knows/remembers.
NWroadrunner
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:18 am

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Postby Brian » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:35 pm

More side view pics from last event with 17x10 and Rival 255/40/17
Attachments
BudgetRacer.jpg
BudgetRacer.jpg (99.52 KiB)
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8972
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:44 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Postby vteckiller2000 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Brian wrote:
NWroadrunner wrote:While someone's brought it up... I'd like to hear impressions about the GWR spec Feal 441 with 6/4 springs, specifically vs. the MeisterR 7/5 or 6/4 CRD. have not been able to find a single review. Only a couple about the standard, non-GWR 441 with 8/6 or 7/5 rates. Brian, when was the last time you tested the 6/4kg 441 on the NC, or got solid feedback about them from a customer?


It has been a long time, I would need a more side by side to give meaningful comparison of the FEAL and MeisterR.


I'd also like to see more on the FEALs since I just purchased a set of 441+ Road Race coils from you. :wink:
vteckiller2000
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Postby MitchC635 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:15 pm

That triple pass GWR radiator looks like definite overkill for a relatively mild 2.5 build. You planning a new supercharger option to test on this one?
MitchC635
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:06 pm

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Postby Brian » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:25 am

MitchC635 wrote:That triple pass GWR radiator looks like definite overkill for a relatively mild 2.5 build. You planning a new supercharger option to test on this one?


Not overkill for a car that we actually autocross and track, weather gets hot here, events often have over 100 F ambient. Prior normally aspirated "Project Blue" 2.5 conversion compromised a perfectly good 2.5 motor on hot autocross day here ...without boost.

Nonetheless, we are considering testing new turbo kit on this project that is on the way to market by this Summer. If so, will be doing a lot more on cooling, including E85 and vented hood, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8972
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:44 am
Location: San Diego CA

PreviousNext

Return to Mazda Miata and Fiat 124

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests