Racing Beat header performance...?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.

Racing Beat header performance...?

Post by Guest »

Hi there - thinking about the Racing Beat header for my 2004 Miata...I have heard though that the performance of the factory header really isn't that bad and that maybe an aftermarket header won't make much difference. Hoping to hear someone who has installed the header on a later NB Miata regarding how the header worked out...I'm hoping it affects more than just the sound of the engine. :)
Thanks in advance.

- Brendan in Tacoma, WA
JUSTIN

Post by JUSTIN »

i BOUGHT THE HEADER, AND NOW HAVE ON MY CAR. aLONE ON A STOCK CAR, EXPECT NO BIG GAINS, BUT WITH A BUILT MOTOR, IT WILL HELP MORE. aLSO, YOU CAN'T USE SOME SUPERCHARGERS BECAUSE THE FOURTH TUBE COMES UP TOO HIGH, AND TOUCHES THE CHARGER.

-J
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The advantage of the header really depends on the year. The 99-00 cars are getting a solid gain over 10 at the wheels. The results on later 01-04 Miatas are not as strong but that's because Mazda did a better job on the header on those years so there is simply less potential still on the table. Indeed, the RB headers do not fit with the Eaton blowers very well, still work fine with the VF but those looking to an Eaton some day should get the Jackson header instead.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
hunsfutz

Racing Beat Header

Post by hunsfutz »

I have a 1996 and the RB 4 into 1 header improved the 4000RPM to 7500 RPM performance. 60 to 80 MPH passing time is quicker. Jay
1996 MX5 Triple Black Original Owner
2003 MX5 Red Club Sport ( ex Brian Goodwin)
2005 S2000 Triple Black
2008 S2000 Triple Black