Greg at the Track (on the job training)

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Greg @ GWR

Re: Greg at the Track (on the job training)

Post by Greg @ GWR »

Leaving Thursday morning for the Nevada Open Road Challenge.
Getting excited! :lol:
Attachments
The starting line. Look at those miles of open highway
The starting line. Look at those miles of open highway
silver-state-classic2.jpg (44.11 KiB) Viewed 5852 times
The Only Speed is Mazdaspeed
Greg @ GWR

Post by Greg @ GWR »

On the job training continued Saturday at the SCCA Match Tour here in San Diego. My mission was to be the tire warmer for Brian as he was competing for the win in CS stock in the Goodwin Racing ND2 Miata.
We had three morning runs and three in the afternoon. I improved from my first run to my sixth run a total of 4.8 seconds.
I did my job as the tire warmer perfectly too, as Brian was able to go after me in each run and improve his times and become the class winner and second in overall PAX for Saturday's event
Brian has worked hard at getting the setup for the ND2 to where he likes it, and though I was four seconds slower than the boss, we must like similar handling as I loved the way the car felt. This is the third autocross this year I have done in the GWR ND and this is the best it has felt.
Greg @ GWR

Post by Greg @ GWR »

Saturday is FUN day! It was a full day at the BMWCCA autocross. Two practice sessions of five runs each and four timed runs at the end of the day. I drove both the Budget NC and the CS Stock ND.
First practice session was in the NC budget car. This car is a blast to drive, of course it has a 2.5 motor and 10" rims w/255 rubber, that helps.
Second practice session was in the CS Stock prepared ND2. This is a totally different car. After having lots of grip and a track-oriented suspension, I had a tough time keeping it between most of the cones my first run. I came to my senses then drove it like I have before, and things were better. The ND has such a light steering feel that I find myself going too far too quickly and snapping the rear loose, that is if I'm not plowing the front end. I think it travels on a finer edge than other cars.
Hopping back into the Budget NC for my timed runs I decided that the built NC was certainly a more fun car to drive.

My day ended with an invite from a Corvette friend to come out to a local K1 Speed where we kart a lot to help him celebrate his 400th race. He was in the neighborhood of K1, attending an outdoor concert, so the plan was to meet up at 10pm to race. That late I felt like we were running our own Mid Night Club. We raced until they closed at Midnight. Turns out I'm up to over 115 races there myself.
It made for a long, but very fun day.
Attachments
Having FUN in the Budget NC
Having FUN in the Budget NC