NC Suspension

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Expat

NC Suspension

Post by Expat »

Hey everyone,

My wife drives a Porsche 996 CARERRA 4. Though it’s getting older, we keep it very well maintained. The car rides and handles great.
From searching the forum, looks like the Öhlins R&T would be the best way to get an NC close to that level of ride and handling (direct, accurate, but comfortable and not at all harsh).
Is that the way to go? Would I need anything further to get as close as possible to that goal?
Thanks in advance - great to be able to read about all of your experiences!
427danderson

Re: NC Suspension

Post by 427danderson »

Ohlins are the answer. Just like Miata is always the answer.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Ditto, if you want the best of everything...ride with handling, Ohlins is my top pick, our top suggestion.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
pdxa4

Post by pdxa4 »

I'm waiting patiently for my ND2 suspension modification, Ohlins are top of my list.
Brian is it ok to stick with stock (Club) sways and Ohlins ?
06 Sunlight Silver NC, Sport LSD.
H&R coilovers, Goodwin RACE exhaust, several other mods.(Sold)
19 Artic White ND2, Club with Brembo, BBS and Recaro
Goodwin Race exhaust, RoadsterSport suspension package
99 NB 10th Anniversary
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

You might ultimately want a sway bar upgrade, but I usually like customers to start with just the Ohlins and come back after some driving with them and tell me how much more flat you want it in the turns. The Ohlins is such a revolution in the handling/ride mix of the car that often folks come back and tell me it is perfect and they need nothing more. Sometimes they come back and tell me they want it even more flat in the turns and then we talk about the options to get there but starting with 'just' the Ohlins is such a BIG change that we like customers to put some miles on those and then come back to talk about what comes next. Thus, big YES to Ohlins with your stock sways for now.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
pdxa4

Post by pdxa4 »

Thank you Brian, much appreciated.
06 Sunlight Silver NC, Sport LSD.
H&R coilovers, Goodwin RACE exhaust, several other mods.(Sold)
19 Artic White ND2, Club with Brembo, BBS and Recaro
Goodwin Race exhaust, RoadsterSport suspension package
99 NB 10th Anniversary
427danderson

Post by 427danderson »

I did just that. Ohlins and wheels/tires as my only real modifications all of the last two seasons. The car drove like a dream and made me look better than I really was... and now I have fallen down that dark deep rabbit hole.