New ND oil change question

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
jasonjaj26

New ND oil change question

Post by jasonjaj26 »

Hello I just purchased a 2019 miata sport.
I have a friend that says I should change the oil at 500 miles then again at 1000 miles and then resume the 5000 mile intervals. I’ve asked my dealership twice now and they say there is no need to do this, to just come in at 5000 miles. What is everyone’s experience with the engine break in process?
Thanks for any input
Jason
Brian
Site Admin

Re: New ND oil change question

Post by Brian »

We do first change at about 1000 miles, and then every 3000 after. But we race the car harder than 99 percent of owners out there.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jasonjaj26

Post by jasonjaj26 »

Thanks for the input Brian! Also is there a recommended mileage to which you would wait to start auto crossing? sorry for all the rookie questions but just wanna try and break this car in properly before I go out and start driving it like I stole it...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We did the first autocross at after 700 miles, figured that was broke in enough!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jasonjaj26

Post by jasonjaj26 »

Ok (maybe) last question. So I recently just purchased the Ohlins road and track coil overs. I have the sport model which comes with 16 inch wheels. I’ve been waiting on the 6UL’s in the 17x9 to come in stock. Do you recommend I stick with those or should I be ok with the 17x8’s that are in stock? I’m strictly using those wheels for autocross.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Start driving the Ohlins with what you have, learn the setup, then add the next step which is those 17x9.

We don't expect to see the 6UL shipment for another year, so unless waiting that long have a look at our other choices in 17x9. Dekagram, Freeform, Storm, Hypergram, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com