smartTOP question

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
StevenK912

smartTOP question

Post by StevenK912 »

Hi Guys,
Bought one of these for my '19 RF late last fall, but didn't put it in till about 4 weeks ago (not too much top-down action during the winter months). Anyway, it was working fine until the last few days.

I keep getting an error that says something to the effect of: "Retractable Hardtop System Malfunction". This will keep flashing and beeping while the car remains on and even after an engine stop and restart, until I completely open and then close the roof. This seems to be happening about every 3rd or 4th time I start the car. I checked to make sure the connections are firmly plugged in, in all 4 places and double checked the wiring harness to be sure a wire wasn't nicked, but didn't see any problems. Even after removing it, turning the car back on without it installed (no error then), and plugging it back in I still get this error. I also tried re-flashing the unit (while not installed), but no difference.

Do you think the module is defective, or does this just happen every once in awhile? I don't think I can live with the car beeping at me every 10-20 seconds, it's too distracting.

Thanks,
Steve
Brian
Site Admin

Re: smartTOP question

Post by Brian »

Need to troubleshoot that with the Mods4Cars crew (the manufacturer), and they will replace as needed. Reach us by email and we can get you in touch with them.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com