Rear Height Difference?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
avera01

Rear Height Difference?

Post by avera01 »

Is it acceptable to have a 3/8 inch difference between the left and right rear wheel height using Koni adjustable perch and stock ND GT springs? The front are fairly close, within 0.1" difference.

The rear Koni's are on the second perch from top (the fronts are on the top perch) I have tried 3 times to adjust the height by loosening all the bushing bolts and using a jack to lift the wheel to the same height before torquing them down. I even tried compressing the right a little more and a little less on the left side, but in the end the wheel gap difference remains approx 3/8".

What I did notice is that when I jacked up the car to remove the both rear wheels, I had to lift the car a bit higher in order to clear the left jack stand as compared to the right side jack stand. It appears that either the there is enough weight on the left side to tilt the car down in the rear or the frame when built is not perfectly even, perhaps a slight twist.

Any thoughts or comments is most appreciated.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Rear Height Difference?

Post by Brian »

Not unusual. We have folks drive the cars here direct from purchase at the dealer and even brand new they are rarely same heights all four corners.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com