Koni extended adjustment knob

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Ryan @ GWR

Koni extended adjustment knob

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

Hey guys, would like to do a bit of a poll for ND owners with Koni shocks.

The ND factory shock tower brace covers the top of the front shocks. For adjustable shocks, this presents the problem that you're not able to reach the adjustment knob on top of the shock. So those with the factory front shock tower brace have to drill a hole for access.

Konis come with an adjustment knob, but it shank is too short to reach through that hole and engage the adjuster on the shock.

We made a prototype for an extended Koni adjustment knob that can reach down to the top of the front shocks and makes adjustments nice and easy. We're on the fence about producing these, so time to put it to you guys!

The first question is how many are interested in this? To be clear, if you don't have the factory front shock tower brace, or if you upgrade to our aftermarket front shock tower braces (which have an open top), then you don't need this.

This knob is machined from a solid piece of billet aluminum and laser engraved. Price would be about $50. Would you pay that?
IMG_4732.jpg
IMG_4731.jpg
avera01

Re: Koni extended adjustment knob

Post by avera01 »

I would rather see an attachable adjustment knob for the rear shocks as that is difficult to reach without partially taking off a cover crreating some sort of access panel. I have aftermarket brace and can easily reach the front shocks with the Koni plastic knob.

I like your design to replace that knob, but probably buy it if it was around $25-$35. A basic flat metal knob goes for $10 and normally I would have more than one for backup.
pdxa4

Re: Koni extended adjustment knob

Post by pdxa4 »

Yup I'm another one who has your original front shock brace, so the normal Koni adjustment knob is good. But another vote for a rear extended adjustment setup, so that I don't have to remove the plastic panels.
06 Sunlight Silver NC, Sport LSD.
H&R coilovers, Goodwin RACE exhaust, several other mods.(Sold)
19 Artic White ND2, Club with Brembo, BBS and Recaro
Goodwin Race exhaust, RoadsterSport suspension package
99 NB 10th Anniversary