Konis and bumpstops

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
BenjaminH573

Konis and bumpstops

Post by BenjaminH573 »

I have a bone stock NA6 Miata(1990), and I am taking advantage of the Koni shock discount. This is going to be an autocross car(Stock class) and a weekend driver, and I am looking for input on the "Stock class" bump stop set. These will be koni yellows paired with the stock springs. Is this adequate for street driving as well, and will they be ok until I get a front sway bar a month or so down the line?? First time poster, thanks for your input.

Ben Hart
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Konis and bumpstops

Post by Brian »

Yes, they still work great for street. The idea with stock class stops is help balance the fact that the rules allow only sway bar upgrade at the front only, which makes for understeer. The hard stop in the back helps fix that balance somewhat. I daily drive our CS Miata with super stiff rear stops and I really don't notice in daily driving. If waiting on that front bar install you might have more oversteer than you want, you can help that with running the rear Koni full soft while fronts are set stiffer, likewise run stiffer front tire pressure and softer rears.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BenjaminH573

Re: Konis and bumpstops

Post by BenjaminH573 »

Awesome. I just got everything and noticed what look to be 12 delrin spacers along with the 4 washers in the bumpstop package. Are these needed for use with stock springs, for reasons such as the konis having a shorter travel, or are they not necessarily. If they are, I assume from bottom to top would be: koni plastic washer, delrin spacers, bumpstop, metal washer, top mount. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for your time.