NC blowing engine fuse

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
kevinh

NC blowing engine fuse

Post by kevinh »

Has anyone had an issue with NC blowing the engine fuse. This happens under heavy acceleration at about 5000 rpm . Thanks Kevin Hunt. ( 2.5 litre turbo 2006 NC)
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC blowing engine fuse

Post by Brian »

My first thing to check would be O2 sensor wires. If they are not healthy, perhaps partially melted plastic connector clip from contact with HOT header/turbo, then hard acceleration can make them have contact and electrical short that blows that particular fuse.....seen this many times. If no visible issue with the wires might still have break in there somewhere and these can be super hard to chase down, need somebody in the car running the motor while you grab and move vigorously every bit of wire harness you can reach and see if you can replicated the failure without the car moving, even if that means running 5000 rpms while not moving. We have seen breaks in NC harness just about everywhere and sometimes it was impossible to locate without grabbing every bit of harness until it happened while the the car was stationary.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
kevinh

Post by kevinh »

thanks for your reply Brian, I will keep looking, much appreciated.
JoeS413

Post by JoeS413 »

The first thing that I would look for would the harness routing around the bellhousing. I've seen chafing in this area cause this problem. good luck.