NC LSD Slip?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
JacobL607

NC LSD Slip?

Post by JacobL607 »

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been discussed before, didn't find anything searching.

I have an 06 NC, originally a 5 speed but previous owner installed an OEM LSD. Car is on Ohlins, with new Falken RT660s (just 215s on factory wheels, nothing crazy). I've autocrossed it twice now and it feels like the LSD slips a lot more than I would expect an LSD to.

It's hard to really describe I guess, but it almost feels like an open diff though eventually it seems to lock up and behave. Before this Miata I had an FRS and two S550 Mustangs and never experienced anything similar, though all of those are Torsen units so perhaps it's just different behavior for a different differential.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC LSD Slip?

Post by Brian »

Factory LSD indeed allows a lot of slip...even when new and healthy. With enough use they wear enough to eventually be essentially an open diff. So, it may indeed not be working much at all at this point. For a full locking LSD have a look at our OSGIKEN, that's what is in everything I actually compete with seriously.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com