JIC's installed for 2006 NC MX-5 Miata!!!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Mini Meg

Post by Mini Meg »

The Ray's are only 1.4 lbs heaver the the Enkei's. per Enkei's web site.
White 07 GT with PP2, Susp. Pack, Splash guards. Mods to start soon! Some parts in garage waiting install & some on order.
ctompkins5

Post by ctompkins5 »

Brian wrote:Yep, not a lot of LIGHT quality choices. Here is a pic of our car with those RPO3s in 17x8 and 48mm offset. You can see that this combo is right out to the lip edge.... This is as tight as you can safely get with the fender lips in a street NC in my opinion and even this required a light fender roll for the rears to clear with this tire size of 235/40/17s....but a 215 or 225 street tire should clear without the roll:

Brian, Since this is basically the same set up as I am going to have when I get the GTC01s from you, and I will soon want to intall either the JIC or the Eibach coilovers to get to about the same ride height as you have here (1.5" below stock if I am reading your other posts correctly), how much of the fender arch will I need to roll to clear? Will I need to fully flatten it the lip (90 degree bend) or just roll it in partially (45 degree bend)? I am having a bit of trouble sourcing a roller. TireRack used to rent them, but have opted to just sell them now. Not really the best option for me as I don't have a bunch of cars to do this to. Any other place you know that rents thse out?

Thanks
Clayton
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hi Clayton,

The RA1 race tires in the picture are a little oversized (all race tires are actually a little bigger than their "listed" size would suggest). With your street tire you will likely clear without any roll (some variables to consider such as amount of negative camber). Therefore, you will only need a slight roll at most. The old baseball roll would work...but you can rent our roller if needed.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ctompkins5

Post by ctompkins5 »

Good to know. Thanks. When I buy the coilover from you, probably this spring sometime, I'll talk to you about the roller if I decide I need it. Thanks so much for this forum and all the testing you do. It's a great service to us all.
jboemler

Stroke Length???

Post by jboemler »

I'm taking a fresh look at the setup of my JIC suspension, but I'm trying not to disassemble it in the process. What I need is the total stroke length of the shock rod (fully extended to fully compressed) -- hoping somebody either has a set unmounted they can measure, or measured their own before mounting.

THANKS for any info!
Brian
Site Admin

Re: JIC's installed for 2006 NC MX-5 Miata!!!

Post by Brian »

Sorry, been years since I lost the computer harddrive that had that info.

You might try giving them a call direct.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com