JIC's installed for 2006 NC MX-5 Miata!!!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Treibenschnell

Post by Treibenschnell »

That looks very nice!!

What's the word on the wheels?
[url=http://www.dfwmiata.com]DFWMiata.com[/url] - [i]Home of the[/i] [b][color=blue]BUR[/color][/b]
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Got 13.8 pound Kosei in stock in the stock 17x7 size but 50mm offset which will be perfect for the stock class autocrossers. Got 17x7 RP-F1 coming from ENKEI...more choices coming.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
tcl

Post by tcl »

Brian, a couple of questions for you.

How close can you get to the stock ride height with the JICs?

What's the comfort level like on the street?

When are you going to test them on the track?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

It looks like it will go about stock height. I have the car down 2 inches right now. I plan to raise it up a little before doing the corner balance.

Did the baseline testing Friday of the NC totally stock at Willow Springs. Comments here:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-ta ... c.php?t=77

Should be back on track with the new setup in 2-3 weeks once the corner balance is finished and we have the new wheels and tires together.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
tcl

Post by tcl »

Looking forward to hearing more once you get it sorted out. One last question for now. From a design standpoint, what are the pros and cons of the JICs versus the Bilstein PSS9s (I'm assuming those will be available at some point for the NC)?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hard to say since the Bilstein PSS9 don't yet exist for the NC. However, assuming the PSS9 are similar to NB PSS9 then we can assume they will be shortened shock bodies but not adjustable length like the JIC. Also, Bilstein usually reuses factory top bearing front and rear so the fancy front pillowball mounts of the JIC would not be included.

Spring rates on the JIC are 6kg front, 5kg rear (roughly 335lb front and 279 rear).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

YAHOOOO....

Just did a few of my regular freeway onramps. I may have to apologize for my previous condemnation of the tires. Amazing how much better they stick when the body does not flop over onto the bumpstops when pushed hard. Did over 10 mph on one favorite ramp FASTER than when the car was stock and squealing like a stuck pig yet did not find the limit at that higher speed.

More experimentation to come...nothing but work, work work! :lol:
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I should note that the ride with the springs at roughly three times the stock rate is still very mild...much smoother than my 99 was with similar rate PSS9. Credit the better more solid chasis and the JIC spring setup which is linear in front and progressive in the rear. However, part of the different is also that we still have stock sways on this NC.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

That's great Brian. Thanks for stepping up and experimenting so early. That wheel gap looks a lot better and I totally agree that the NC, even with the sports suspension feels too soft. I am curently diriving a 2005 Mazdaspeed as my demo and I have KYB's and Tein S-Tech's on my 2001 and the NC just has to much of a floaty feeling on certain transitions.

That is also good to know that the tires work better with a buttoned down suspension.

Kirk

Post by Guest »

Hi Brian, glad to see you plunging in and bolting the JICs on an NC. On my NA the JICs are great, but they do shake the car a bit. On the NC they must be phenomenal.

As a side note, 6/5 spring rates? Did JIC lower their available spring rates? When I ordered mine 7k was the lowest offered for the Miata. Are they going lower on the NA/NB as well, or just on the NC?