JIC's installed for 2006 NC MX-5 Miata!!!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
jendz3

Pros and Cons

Post by jendz3 »

tcl wrote:Looking forward to hearing more once you get it sorted out. One last question for now. From a design standpoint, what are the pros and cons of the JICs versus the Bilstein PSS9s (I'm assuming those will be available at some point for the NC)?

yah mind telling us the pros and cons of your JIC's against the PSS9's? :twisted:

got also good quotes against statefarm
you may see here, www.insurance-quote-free.com
for my honda acura since way much cheaper.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

For starters, no NC PSS9 yet.

But assuming that when Bilstein does PSS9s for the NC that they follow the example of their kit for NB then we may assume that they will not include the front pillow ball aluminum top mounts that are included with the JIC and that PSS9 will not be adjustable length shocks. Instead, expect PSS9 to include threaded shortened shock bodies...but static length.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Okay, in response to requests for pics of NC closer to stock height...here you go! These next two pics are the NC at 25 1/4 inch from ground to lip, which is 1.25 inches below stock height.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com

Post by Guest »

Great pictures, Brian! All the options lower than stock look soooo much better than stock.

Can't wait to buy the JIC's! I appreciate the time you spent selling me on them today!

-John in Arkansas (john1022 from Miata.net)
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Note for future customers. When adjusting height for the rear you can jack up either the entire rear or one side at a time and it works out fine.

However, in the front you must either jack up the entire front or disconnect the sway bar if you jack up only one side at a time. Otherwise, there is enough preload from the sways to keep the A arms from fully lowering and this leads to inaccurate setting of front height (spring will seem like it is snug when in fact it is not).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com

Post by Guest »

Looks great. So is wheel travel at least equal to OEM setup?

Post by Guest »

The 1.25 inch drop looks very good and should allow adequate clearance for the street. Brian, have you hit or broken anything?
GT Veloce

Post by GT Veloce »

Sorry. Previous post was from me. I wasn't logged in.