02 LS want 15" rims

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Tingles

02 LS want 15" rims

Post by Tingles »

I am looking at putting 15" racing rims and tires on for track days and autocross. My question is: Will 15" rims fit over the 02 LS bigger brakes?
Recommendation for both please. I run about 10-15 autocross events a year and 2 track events. I will sacrifice autocross performance for track longenvity.
02 White LS, KYB-AGX, MonsterFlow, RB 4-1, Rota Slipstreams, Boss Frog Double Hoop.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: 02 LS want 15" rims

Post by Brian »

Tingles wrote:I am looking at putting 15" racing rims and tires on for track days and autocross. My question is: Will 15" rims fit over the 02 LS bigger brakes?
Recommendation for both please. I run about 10-15 autocross events a year and 2 track events. I will sacrifice autocross performance for track longenvity.
Yes, ALL of the 15x7s we sell fit your brakes with ONE exception. The ENKEI RP-F1 will NOT fit your brakes in 15x7.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Tingles

Post by Tingles »

Thank you Brian. Can you give me any advice on tires for my situation. It has been suggested that I use the Kumho Ecsta V70 by one of the guys at Vilven Tire.
02 White LS, KYB-AGX, MonsterFlow, RB 4-1, Rota Slipstreams, Boss Frog Double Hoop.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Tingles wrote:Thank you Brian. Can you give me any advice on tires for my situation. It has been suggested that I use the Kumho Ecsta V70 by one of the guys at Vilven Tire.
Given your statement that you will give up some autocross speed for longevity and track performance my suggestion is TOYO RA1. Not the fastest R compound for autocross but a great track tire and will last the season without problem.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com