SUPERCHARGED NC Racer Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ZIPNBYE

Post by ZIPNBYE »

And the reason for the delay is??? Production scheduling, software, tuning, CARB, etc?

Any updates at all, or are you still just as much in the dark?

Thanks!
Richard
2007 MX-5 GT/PP/PRHT | Stormy Blue Mica / saddle brown | #1 of 16 special order cars | Signed by Takao Kijima & Tom Matano
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Product launches always take longer than planned...always. Our new muffler for these NCs just started shipping this week...about three months behind schedule so I am not surprised that the much more complicated NC supercharger is running late.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
OM-ARC

Post by OM-ARC »

Brain - will you be selling the sc or any of the cosworth product line for the mx5
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

yes...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
pdxa4

Post by pdxa4 »

Brian wrote:yes...
Very cool...Should be a nice option when it is released...
06 Sunlight Silver NC, Sport LSD.
H&R coilovers, Goodwin RACE exhaust, several other mods.(Sold)
19 Artic White ND2, Club with Brembo, BBS and Recaro
Goodwin Race exhaust, RoadsterSport suspension package
99 NB 10th Anniversary
OM-ARC

Post by OM-ARC »

Brian - have you seen the Turbo Mag. article (http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0 ... index.html) about a Blitz turbo system for the NC? Will this be available through you as well as the Cosworth SC?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

OM-ARC wrote:Brian - have you seen the Turbo Mag. article (http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0 ... index.html) about a Blitz turbo system for the NC? Will this be available through you as well as the Cosworth SC?
Sorry, don't have a relationship with Blitz.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
CWALSH

AUTO TRANS

Post by CWALSH »

Hello Brian. I have a 06 GT with the auto trans. Will this SC work with my setup? Mazda said the trans comes from the RX8. Given your knowledge of the RX8, is this true and if so, what level of engine performance would you "speculate" my setup can take? Thanks for the site and any info, C
ZOOM ZOOM
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, I honestly never see an automatic. We have our first competition of the new year tomorrow and there will be plenty of NCs there but every one will be manual transmission. It will be the same story at the track next weekend....I almost never see automatics in our work so I just don't know what they will take, or won't take.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ZIPNBYE

Post by ZIPNBYE »

To quote Ken from Cosworth in a posting he placed on the Miata.net forum:

[QUOTE=hirev]Hello all,

MX5 NC Supercharger

MX5 NC Supercharger side view

MX5 NC Supercharger front view
I was asked to post details surrounding the NC supercharger kit from a member of the list. Cosworth does not usually participate in forums so please understand, this is not a sales attempt. I am only going to post some of the details about our kit for the NC supercharger.
First of all, we expect to have it ready for sale this summer. Perhaps early summer. We are working on the ecu calibration now along with extended driving for durability tests. We do intend to get an EO from CARB. When?, I am not sure.We may start selling kits before the exemption is final. The power output goal is 225-240hp. The blower itself will produce enough air to support 300hp so we may offer additional parts (not carb approved) for greater power output. The kit uses a water to air intercooler with the matrix located within the new manifold casting.
We will start work on a version for automatic trans if we have enough demand and there are no major changes that involve major costs.

We will post updates on our website http://www.cosworthusa.com as we have more info.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to email me directly.

Thanks for the interest.
Ken

PS. We have a few more NC parts planned.

Ken @ cosworth[/QUOTE]
Richard
2007 MX-5 GT/PP/PRHT | Stormy Blue Mica / saddle brown | #1 of 16 special order cars | Signed by Takao Kijima & Tom Matano