SUPERCHARGED NC Racer Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
NCGTMX5

Post by NCGTMX5 »

i like that engine cover....oh yeah the supercharger is cool too.
_steve
toddwcarpenter

Post by toddwcarpenter »

Brian wrote:
toddwcarpenter wrote:Ha! I have a question anyway. Is that the MAF that's sticking out of the intake manifold? I'm taking about that black do-dad on the runner between the IC and the head. It doesn't make sense why it would be there.
Yes, that's the MAF sensor...my guess is that they put it there to avoid a flow error code.
I wonder if it would also afford some measure of safety regarding a failure in the intercooler?
GT Veloce

Post by GT Veloce »

Mazda / Cosworth. I like the sound of that! Cosworth has been working with the MZR for some time and this new SC shows their committment to that engine platform. If they can bring it to market at the price point of $5k, I think they have a winner.

Question for Brian: Is the supercharger /intake assembly hanging off the engine unsupported (from the block), and just attached at the head? It's hard to tell from the photos but that's what it looks like. Is that going to be any kind of problem with alignment, vibration, etc?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

[quote="Question for Brian: Is the supercharger /intake assembly hanging off the engine unsupported (from the block), and just attached at the head? It's hard to tell from the photos but that's what it looks like. Is that going to be any kind of problem with alignment, vibration, etc?[/quote]

Great question but I didn't look close enough to notice that detail...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
willyspu

Post by willyspu »

I know it has only been a few days since this was announced and I don't want you to put yourself out on a limb but any word on this? Brian, do you feel confident on Cosworths commitment?

I recently tracked my 08 mx-5 at Laguna Seca and enjoyed the great handeling but was disappointed with the lack of power. So, I would love to pop one of these in and have some fun!

Thanks!

Jim Russell
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Nothing new to report....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nicknick

Post by nicknick »

Hi Brian, new member here. I am interested in the SC. Brian will it install on Aussie models being right hand drive and also will the diff/transmission need any strengthening at all?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry...no idea if it will fit foreign versions.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ZIPNBYE

Post by ZIPNBYE »

Under two (theoretical) months away...any news?
Richard
2007 MX-5 GT/PP/PRHT | Stormy Blue Mica / saddle brown | #1 of 16 special order cars | Signed by Takao Kijima & Tom Matano
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Latest update is that they are now looking at March for getting this out...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com