SUPERCHARGED NC Racer Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
rodelca

Question

Post by rodelca »

Hi, I can't wait this kit, I dream having one, just a question, the aditional accesories are forged pistons and spring kit? I was surfing and check that you can increase the boost with a cat back muffler and a header, also if you decrease to 8:1 compression ratio you can run higher PSI.

Will you include a tunable wastegate for increase boost? or we need to change the pulley?

I ask all this question to start ordering the accesories so when you get ready the kit I will have ready my engine with all installed.

Thanks guys!
Rod Duchato
MX5 GT 2008
sloopercat

Post by sloopercat »

It now says "We are aiming for the end of summer as a release date. "
Boy does this sound familiar.

I would wait a while before tearing into the engine.....
rodelca

It's 2 inch READY!!!

Post by rodelca »

Hey guys I went to Cosworth web site and they have the kit to show, so I'm very obstinate and I already installed the cat back and forged pistons to my NC :twisted:. visit this link: http://www.cosworthusa.com/news/article.asp?idpage=29 See you guys burning tires in the corners. :D
Rod Duchato
MX5 GT 2008
OZ-MAZ-5

Post by OZ-MAZ-5 »

Nice work :D What compression piston did you go with and are they Cosworth items??
rodelca

Post by rodelca »

OZ-MAZ-5 wrote:Nice work :D What compression piston did you go with and are they Cosworth items??
Oz, they are not Cosworth, cause they only make 11:1 at least and I rode in a forum that with regular gas and if you want to get a good amount of blow, you should use 8:1, so I installed Supertech Forged Pistons Duratec 9:1 for 2.3L and 8:1 for 2.0L, the MX-5 2.0L (Mazda MZR enigine) pistons are the same as Focus Duratec engine, in fact is the same engine, so you can also install Denso Iridium Spark Plugs one steep colder for 2.0/2.3 Focus Duratec and get more fun :twisted:
Rod Duchato
MX5 GT 2008
OZ-MAZ-5

Post by OZ-MAZ-5 »

Nice bit of research there Rod! Did you change the con rods as well or are they up to boosted task?
ctompkins5

Post by ctompkins5 »

I'm wondering... does it seem like it would be possible to use the AEM intake with the Cosworth? It looks to me like it might be able to fit in terms of the basic geometry. Do you all think that would be a problem for the SC? Would it not like that? Just curious what you all think.
rodelca

Post by rodelca »

OZ-MAZ-5 wrote:Nice bit of research there Rod! Did you change the con rods as well or are they up to boosted task?
Thanks Oz! yes I chaned con rods (F2 Duratec Connecting Rods 2.0L) and Crower Spring and Retainer Kit for Duratec, I spent like 600usd in both, the Cosworth are much more expensive and I'm not going to use my MX-5 for track :lol:

I bought in www.f2focus.com for aditional engine parts or you can google surf and find focus parts in your country.

Before know about this kit, I was thinking to install one turbo kit for Mazda 3 or Focus Duratec, but my uncle is a racing champion mechanic and he told me it's better use a SC than a turbo. The turbo needs a lot of afterwork to set up correctly, your are going to be a lot of times in the mechanic shop and the worst part is that you have to relocate some exaust sensors and forget carb aproved!!! also the Mx5 has plastic inlet so with a turbo or a not good SC you will send it to the trash can with a preignition flame and boost.

That is why I'm waiting these guys start selling this kit of course good price please!!!!
ctompkins5 wrote: I'm wondering... does it seem like it would be possible to use the AEM intake with the Cosworth?
Of course you can use, but remember that this kit has an intercooler so you don't need a long pipe, just use a small AEM intake that fit in your car, cause remember that an SC or a Turbo suction air, they always compensate the PSI programmed. the best about use K&N or AEM with a supercharger is the sound, your SC will be like a nuclear alarm sound, you can find some supercharger in youtube and check the sound that produce without a plastic box filter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI6PStkhE24

cheers.
Rod Duchato
MX5 GT 2008
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

rodelca wrote: so you can also install Denso Iridium Spark Plugs one steep colder for 2.0/2.3 Focus Duratec and get more fun :twisted:
You better double check.

MZR feathre a taller engine head. Spark plug it use need a longer reach, 8mm longer than any of the 2.0/2.3 Focus Duratec using.
rodelca

Post by rodelca »

v67gsr wrote:
rodelca wrote: so you can also install Denso Iridium Spark Plugs one steep colder for 2.0/2.3 Focus Duratec and get more fun :twisted:
You better double check.

MZR feathre a taller engine head. Spark plug it use need a longer reach, 8mm longer than any of the 2.0/2.3 Focus Duratec using.
UPS :shock: I will compare when they arrive, thaks but I have already ordered, if they are different I will sale to my neightboard that have a focus 2.3 :roll: , but thanks for the tip v67!
Rod Duchato
MX5 GT 2008