SUPERCHARGED NC Racer Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

rodelca wrote:
UPS :shock: I will compare when they arrive, thaks but I have already ordered, if they are different I will sale to my neightboard that have a focus 2.3 :roll: , but thanks for the tip v67!
No :shock: haha

In fact, you are correct in a way. Spark plug from 2003 Focus 2.0 engine does fit MZR.

Reference # as follow

NGK:
ILTR6A-13G (Stock)
LTR5IX-11
LTR6IX-11

Autolite
XP5364

Denso:
ITV20
ITV24
rodelca

Post by rodelca »

v67gsr wrote:
rodelca wrote: so you can also install Denso Iridium Spark Plugs one steep colder for 2.0/2.3 Focus Duratec and get more fun :twisted:
You better double check.

MZR feathre a taller engine head. Spark plug it use need a longer reach, 8mm longer than any of the 2.0/2.3 Focus Duratec using.
Hey V67, I was thinking if they are 8mm lower, I can go to the winch shop and ask for decreas 8mm to the spark plugs coupler, so they will reach, what do you think? :wink:
Rod Duchato
MX5 GT 2008
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

rodelca wrote:
Hey V67, I was thinking if they are 8mm lower, I can go to the winch shop and ask for decreas 8mm to the spark plugs coupler, so they will reach, what do you think? :wink:
I don't get it. How can you decrease what is already 8mm short spark plug.

MZR spark plug into Duratec = too long and extent outside of the channel. Possible hitting piston

Duratec spark plug into MZR = too short and firing tip hide inside the channel. Not efficent firing.
OZ-MAZ-5

Post by OZ-MAZ-5 »

Cheers Rod! So are all Duratec engine components interchangable with MZR components? Including the CNC cylinder head seen here http://www.f2usa.com/index.php?main_pag ... 1_2_184_92
rodelca

Post by rodelca »

Oz, It should fit, but remember that MZR uses VVT, It's a special pulley that move the time over high RPM to avoid the valves float, I don't know if that Duratec head fits with VVT, Cosworth sale MZR ported and big valve head, but much more expensive and it doesn't include racing stage 1 or 2 camshafts, valves, spring set and titanium retainers :x If it fits with VVT, it's a very good option, but remember only Duratec, cause the CNC is for Zetec and it's a different engine.

Please send an email to F2focus before buy one and ask them.

look at the wikipedia, it say in the 2.0L that MZR is the same engine as Ford Duratec DHE-420 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_MZR_engine

Cheers!
Rod Duchato
MX5 GT 2008
OZ-MAZ-5

Post by OZ-MAZ-5 »

No problem thanks Rod I will shot off an email!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Talked with Cosworth today. First kits will ship in August!! We have kits on the way and pre-orders will begin immediately. Will install one in our own project NC and RACE IT as soon as we can.... Below is the final PDF brochure.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0214.html
Last edited by Brian on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
MX-5 Cup

Post by MX-5 Cup »

Wow!!! :shock: 220whp@207wtq :twisted: I'm ready to order... :P

Do you know, if that fit 6AT ??? :?:
I LOVE MY MX-5 :)
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, Cosworth does not know if it will fit auto trans.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com