Project Ridgeline....our new Shop Truck!

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better

Re: Project Ridgeline....our new Shop Truck!

Postby Brian » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:19 am

Heavy dew overnight meant the Ridgeline we left dirty from the 1200+ mile road trip last week was primed for a good washing before the Sun got on it. I believe we really don't know what a vehicle looks like until we get our soapy mitts over all the surface features to help our eyes see details that might not be obvious. Appreciate even more that this truck is so much more aerodynamically clean than typical boxy design trucks.

I do have a rattle in the backseat behind the driver, suspect the flimsy covers over the baby seat mounts around the headrest area. Perhaps somebody else has had similar?

This picture also well documents how narrow my driveway is, the Ridgeline is edge to edge and the driveway continues down behind the Ridgeline to my garage another 20+ yards back. Had a few big towing buddies tease me for not getting a full size truck, but it was never an option as the Ridgeline itself barely fits back and forth.
Attachments
RidgelineWash2.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:02 pm

With our new Ridgeline truck I been loading everything from a stack of roofing shingles (well in excess of load limit) to lots of wheels and tires and today the first Costco run. This Ridgeline party trick of having the tailgate lay flat like a traditional truck or swing out has already made my list of 5 best features. I didn't realize how tired I was of reaching way over a laid down tailgate to get boxes and wheels/tires, etc.
Attachments
20200721_151849.jpg
20200721_151941.jpg
RidgelineTailgate.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:54 am

Slowly making a list of things to upgrade in our Ridgeline and the oil cooler is on the list. Stock cooler is best described as 'cute', barely bigger than a paperback novel. Had already read lots of comments from those towing regularly that they were getting warning lights for high transmission temps. We will be towing our racecars on open aluminum trailer to events but I got high temps without towing already on a test 'fun run' for testing brake upgrades in the canyons near here while paddle shifting. It's a pretty easy upgrade for us to develop as a simple plug and play item.

Stock dims roughly
Core Thickness:1.26
Core Height:2.43
Core Length:9.80
Attachments
ridgelinestockcoolers.jpg
ridgelinestockcoolers.jpg (19.91 KiB)
StockRidgelineOilCooler.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian