My new Miata

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
Max7177

My new Miata

Post by Max7177 »

Hey guys, I'm brand new to the forum although I've been drooling over the parts pages for quite some time. I'm 17 and I just bought my first Miata a 1990 Mariner Blue car with only 54,000 miles on the clock. This is by far the greatest car I have ever driven although I've discovered a slight problem. The man i bought it from had it set up as a turbo car. after trying to sell the car for a while with no takers he decided to remove the turbo and sell it seperatly after parking the car in my garage and waiting for the snow to melt here in Wisconsin (I drove the car only on nice days) it started to leak fuel all over the floor of my garage making a mess and really stinking up the place. The fuel is pooling on the intake directly below the first fuel injector. My question is this, is this a semi normal issue, is it a leaky fuel injector and what exactly on the injector may be causing the leak and what are some probable remedies?

Thanks a bunch sorry for the long post

Max
ZIPNBYE

Post by ZIPNBYE »

Loosen off the fuel rail, pop the injectors out, and install new seals (small O-rings). Lube them up before install, so that they don't bind / pinch when re-inserted into the fuel rail. Use something like Fluid Film (best lubricant you'll ever buy). http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/

The guy did a botch-job of reinstalling the old fuel injectors. Leaks are very, very rare. It's not uncommon for a botched-job will fail after winter storage.
Richard
2007 MX-5 GT/PP/PRHT | Stormy Blue Mica / saddle brown | #1 of 16 special order cars | Signed by Takao Kijima & Tom Matano