New Mazda for Wife......MazdaSpeed3 or Mazda2?

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
Brian
Site Admin

New Mazda for Wife......MazdaSpeed3 or Mazda2?

Post by Brian »

Wife has driven Audi A4 for years now. She got that before we met. Now she is part of the business and has started racing our supercharged 2007 MX5....and the Audi needs to go. Get the MazdaSpeed3 or Mazda2? Looking for fun and will likely use it for some parts play. Perhaps even autocross it? The Mazda2 is a lot slower than her Audi but a fun "new" platform to play with... and the MazdaSpeed3 is faster.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
mx52go

Re: New Mazda for Wife......MazdaSpeed3 or Mazda2?

Post by mx52go »

No comparison, and no choice :lol: Go with the 'Speed3!
Coming from an Audi A4, I really doubt that she will be happy with a Mazda2.
Yes, the Mazda2 is cute and a neat new platform, and the accessory and parts options are there for you to develope,
but not as a daily driver and play toy.
I have often considered a 'Speed3 myself.... although front drive, I am ok with that and love the performance right out of the box (pun intended :wink: ).
RUKnight

Post by RUKnight »

I have an 08 speed 3 and love it. Great combination of speed, handling and practicality Brian. I think it'd be a great choice and although I'm sure the Mazda 2 is fun to drive I bet for a daily driver the Speed 3 would be the better choice
Mike
vfrwayne

Post by vfrwayne »

I'd like to see a 2 get trimmed out w/ parts - for autocross it is a natural and also is a fun commuter by reports on miata.net car talk section.
Afraid that there probably is not the sales potential of owners ready to modify compared to the Speed 3 but if you started then that might generate some buzz.
Giant killers can be fun as you know - this might be like bringing a chopstick to a knife fight !!! :P
08 Black Touring 6M, "Q", Mid, hitch, Progress Springs, Koni's, Sways, Xi2's/winter.