Fast Wife....

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
AZ Sun Lover

Re: Fast Wife....

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian wrote:
AZ Sun Lover wrote:Brian,
Your as lucky as me. Your new (Sorry one must past the 7 year itch before they become the lovely old lady) Looks like you bag a keeper. You and I are lucky SOB's It's just that my *better* half likes teaching high school kids but she lets me play with cars. I think we are damn luck guys!

Mr. Goodwin, I wish you the best of luck & if your half as happy with your love as I am, your one lucky guy!
AZ

PS. I want another header again :!:
Thanks for your reply's!

Thanks for the good words....and we are working on header just for you. Seriously, new version of header coming....soon.
What the ?

Ok, you open a can of worms, out with it!
Nothing wrong with the one you have now. Fit was the best I have ever seen for aftermarket header and or headers. I was just one of the unlucky ones that worked @ Motel 6, as Tom said. :oops:
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian wrote:
Thanks for the good words....and we are working on header just for you. Seriously, new version of header coming....soon.
Ok, Mr. Goodwin I know you had to read this by now.

So no hints? Smaller runner tubs, 4 to 2 to 1 collector, smoother collector, ceramic coating, 02 bungs or what?

There is only so much one can do with limited space and or length, or are you changing that?

Your killing me here,
AZ
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yep, nothing wrong with the one we have....and we will continue to offer it forever. I designed the unit we have as the all out race unit, FULL FLOW for even the guys adding superchargers. It perfectly accomplishes the mission for which it was designed.

But, decided that I would like to finish a street version with converter and slightly smaller primaries for less emphasis on top end and more focus on the midrange, still the same perfect fit and all stainless. Started this project years ago but put it on the back burner when the PPE header came out. Figured we would watch customer response to that well engineered unit and then evaluate again if we should finish ours. Got enough requests for us to do our own that we pulled our own version off the back burner to look at work on finishing it up. Still weeks, or even months, before it lands on the shelf (if ever), depending on how the dyno work goes and costs.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Ok please tell us your using a ceramic, or a heavy metal cat. I understand from talks with Magnaflow & another builder the metallic cats can have issues.

Maybe you'r going with something thats California CARB Compliant...see below.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02catalytic_co ... 30info.asp

Sorry for hijacking the thread,
Maybe we should start another thread?
I would like to test one. As I said your fit is the best I have seen.
Price point?

AZ
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We try and learn from history...

No need for thread on this yet, we have lots more work to do before we can get into specifics....or even say it will certainly happen. Still will need to eventually decide if the 'game is worth the candle.' That is, PPE's unit costs what it does because they make small batches of just a few. Ours would cost the same if we make equally small batches. Thus, our only way to get significantly better prices for our customers on a header with converter is our usual economy of scale production of 100 units. As the largest NC parts vendor we do have the customer base to make that happen, but it is still a significant project in a down economy. Thus, can't promise it yet.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian wrote:We try and learn from history...

Hmm, :?

Brian wrote:...scale production of 100 units...

99 bottles of beer on the wall...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Fast wife finished her first season with her first trophy, ranked 5th in a class of about 20 is pretty good.
Attachments
fast-wife.jpg
Tandem.jpg
AndiTrophy.jpg
AndiTrophy.jpg (76.67 KiB) Viewed 4191 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DavidP953

Post by DavidP953 »

Brian wrote:Many know that my wife (Andi) decided to start autocrossing this year. She got tired of answering in the negative the question that she gets at many events: "Do you race too?" She started in karts, then her Audi A4, and this season she moved up to running our supercharged beast. She got her first 'podium' third place finish at the last event and at practice today she was fastest female of the day and easily within the top ten times of the day. I think our tire budget just doubled... :roll:
It always seems to start when they get their own helmet. All downhill from there. :-) Was the same way for me when I taught my wife to ride my motorcycle "in case we were out and I couldn't pilot us back." Her own bike, then paint customizing, then performance parts, and of course chrome, wheels etc ... Now guess who is having a ball with the MX? :shock: