Some Thieves welcomed my miata already!!!!!!

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
Fartpipe

Some Thieves welcomed my miata already!!!!!!

Post by Fartpipe »

Well the girlfriend and I went to the local mall and its nice out today so the top was down. Figured we'd be in there less then 30mins or so, so i didnt put the top up. Came back to the face plate to the radio gone, the plastic trim around it all bent up, the radio still there but now worthless all bent up, and the center console pryed open and broken all my car wash change and my sunglasses stolen and to boot my gf's cd's in the glove box all gone in 45minutes or less in complete daylight. Wasn't that just a nice present? Sorry for the vent dont even know if it belongs here but just pissed off!

<ANGRY MIATA OWNER>
93 Mazda Miata
Aggressor Kit, ARE 15's, Red/black top, 5spd
93 Mustang Cpe
Stock body, 17in Cobra R's, Vortec 14psi 306ci, 535rwhp, 488rwtq
mpheinitz

Post by mpheinitz »

Sorry for your loss.

Aftermarket stereos are just too tempting for thieves. The best way to avoid problems is by using the OEM radio. After several issues myself, I stuck a 2000 OEM cd player in my 90 Miata. I always leave the glovebox and console empty and unlocked. Never leave any items in the car, especially anything that LOOKS like a purse, bag, backpack, etc.

Be glad your top was down or you could have had a cut top or broken glass too.

/Mike