Project Ridgeline....the Shop Truck!

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Project Ridgeline....our new Shop Truck!

Post by Brian »

Decided black wheels just so common, we will go with the silver finish Enkei XM-6 for more pop. Enkei says the 20x8.5 version is a bit over 24 pounds, other sources say actual weight 23 pounds. Tire choice is Continental DWS ExtremeContract Ultra High Performance All Season (it's still a truck). Going up in tire diameter slightly and width from 245/40/18 to 255/50/20.
ENkei20SilverRED.png
Caliper upgrade planned, 6 piston with better bite pads, on the stock rotors for now. Will paint rear calipers to match, final should look something like first picture above.

Or, New Enkei YX-5. Heavier wheel, still save 4 pounds per corner compared to stock package.

18 inch:
RidgelineEnkeiYX-518.png
Attachments
ENeki20New.png
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
matthew-m

Post by matthew-m »

There isn't much difference between the style of those wheels (that I can see)... Stick with the lighter weight ;)
Matthew Metoyer
2010 Grey MX-5 GT, Manual, Sport Package, Street Single w/Baffle, FCM Coilovers - "GT" setup with KBO & Ripple Reducer, 16x8 wheels, Budget Big Brakes, Goodwin Underbody Braces, Cravenspeed Shift Knob
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The optional for 2021 HPD package wheel. I had been told by our friends at Enkei that they make this wheel and a customer posted pics showing indeed 'ENKEI' top left spoke and '45' offset instead of normal 55mm offset.
Attachments
EnkeiHPD.jpg
EnkeiHPD.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Time for some fun with the exhaust.

Here is current Magnaflow System for 2017-2020.
Magnaflow1.jpg
Magnaflow2.jpg
Nothing wrong with that, we have it on our site, but I want more like what the factory did for 2021:
2021 Honda Ridgeline HPD Gray Rear View.jpg
Hard to see there are some slight cutouts in bumper for 2021 that we don't have in the 2020, but that's okay and it will end up much like we see on this F150:
duals.jpg
duals.jpg (63.12 KiB) Viewed 65091 times
maxresdefault.jpg

The much easier dual choice is two tips one side like below.
dualsperside.jpg
dualrear.jpg
dualrear.jpg (33.33 KiB) Viewed 65091 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Having some exhaust fun!
Attachments
ridgelineFUN.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

Nice! I like the dual exhaust out the back. The side exit looks cheap.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

It's awesome!

Some setups take weeks to get right, this one just needed the helmholtz chamber to dial it right. Helmholtz Resonator is a special side branch resonator that massively reduces the standing wave 'boominess' inside the exhaust system. We went big enough here to cut the 'booming' frequencies of 120-130hz by 48+db which is a common source of complaints with aftermarket exhausts. Will do some driving videos when time permits.

In terms of flow we easily beat the factory setup that starts about 2.4 inches into the first muffler can but keeps shrinking in size from there, exit of factory muffler is pinched down to about 2 inches and the pipe is about 2.125 at that point back to resonator and beyond. In contrast, we are bigger 2.5 inch pipe start to finish and no pinch down points, all mandrel bends, etc. Straight through big Magnaflow muffler at the front of the setup.

Helmholtz Chamber to kill drone is a key feature.
RidgelineHelmholtz.jpg
Attachments
RidgelineMagnaflowFront.jpg
RDuals.jpg
DualsRidgeline.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Did over 50 miles of mixed driving on it today, it makes me finally use the paddle shifters all the time just for the fun of finally hearing some exhaust note. Will get some driving video done when I can, here is startup. Deeper tone yet mild with no rasp, it is now starting to remind me of the small V8 in my other truck.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

matthew-m wrote:There isn't much difference between the style of those wheels (that I can see)... Stick with the lighter weight ;)

Agreed...and that's what we have on the way from Enkei. Excited to see it all come together!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Driving sounds clips! First up....boring freeway driving. The point of this one is to show off the benefits of the Helmholtz chamber to quiet it down when just cruising. Will get a canyon road recording another day...

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com