SCCA Class question

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
ctompkins5

SCCA Class question

Post by ctompkins5 »

Brian,
I'm having a bit of difficulty making heads or tails of the various SCCA classes and where I would be able to start. As you know I have yet to modify anything on my 06 NC. It came from the factory with the sport suspension which I will keep until I can afford to upgrade to coilover and sways in the spring sometime. I will also upgrade the intake/exhaust at some point later this year. I know I may have weight working against me a bit as it is a GT with the 6 speed manual. It is my daily driver so I will not want to do alot of modifications or racing that will require any significant extra maintenance or downtime or any racing so significant to require a roll cage or other major safety modifications. Just would like to be able to take it out on occasion and run it. My question is really just what class can I start in right now in the current configuration, ie. will the wheels/tires I am getting from you make it no longer stock? Thanks for any insight you or anyone else here may be able to offer as I am very new to all of this.
Thanks
Clayton
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

In terms of a national class the intake mods, or the wheels and tires or any suspension lowering, will land you in CSP or SM2. However, you may also have various local classes that you can run in. Many regions have local street tire classes or other classes that slot in between stock and CSP. Here in San Diego we have IS2 which I regularly run in....and I can run it in SU and several others....but check your region for what additional local classes you might have.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com