16x8 Rota Slipsteams for the NC?

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
EastVanMiata

16x8 Rota Slipsteams for the NC?

Post by EastVanMiata »

Has anyone tried these? We had them on our NA. $400! And about 12lbs per wheel. According to there site they are available in 16x8 and 48 mm offset.
Back in the saddle after an 8 yr. absence and it feels good!
sloopercat

Post by sloopercat »

I have them, they are not 12#'s. Just a hair over 17#'s. Rota says 15.5#, but they were a bit optimistic?

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.ph ... ge=2&pp=25
EastVanMiata

Post by EastVanMiata »

Hey thanx for the reply, I took the link and read your thread, very good info and nice pictures too. I love your grey car. One of my favorite NC colors.
EastVanMiata

Post by EastVanMiata »

Just wanted to add that there is a useful related thread titled "Rota" further down the page that I didn't see before where Brian talks about the poor quality he has noticed from this brand. Good stuff.
sloopercat

Post by sloopercat »

One of mine had to be trued, cost me $75. The options for 16 inch fitment are pretty limited. I just prefer that size on the car.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Indeed we had some issues with Rota but quality improves all the time so I expect their tolerances are closer to the mark these days and, as I have noted in the past, the issues we had were not enough to keep us from going with Rota when they had a unique combo of size and price....as appears to be the situation here.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
sloopercat

Post by sloopercat »

I had put about 10K on them, I think the I-29 bridges in SD got that wheel. The shop I use has a GSP9700, and they do very good work