A good Rim+Tire set for Autocross??...

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
e-fer

A good Rim+Tire set for Autocross??...

Post by e-fer »

Hi,

I have a Miata ’01, which I’m trying to spice up a bit so I can take it Autocrossing and to Track days every now and then. I’ll start with Tire/wheel questions, but you will see more question about suspension in other parts of this forum.

I was thinking on getting the new Konig Feather (16x7) with a set of Falken Azenis (215/45/16), which seem to be a good combination and price/performance compromise. However, I thought it would be bet to ask before buying them.

1) Do you have any recommendation in term of rim/tire size? Are the sizes above OK?
2) Will the Konig Feather offset work with the ’01 Miata (I think OEM is 40mm)
3) I’ve read mixed review on the Falken Azenis. Is it worth to go for the more expensive Bridgestone?
4) What package do you recommend to get more competitive in the SCCA CS Class?

By the way, I’m interested on performance but looks (and price) is also important :lol: .

Thanks,
Fernando
2005 Acura MDX - Family hauler to Tahoe
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

If stock class is your autocross plan then you need to stick to stock width rims. Factory size 16 inch is the very odd size of 16x6.5. Thus, that feather would be half an inch wider than stock. It certainly fits great...but it would not be legal in stock class.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com