What are these offsets???

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Tried to PM, but couldn't. There is no way that ANYONE could tell you that, by looking at the picture. Not by the depth of the lip, or any other visual. CCW would be able to build a wheel for you that looks the way you want. They can build you a wheel that's almost flush on the outer surface,( think 17" NC GT wagon wheel), with 12" of wheel sticking into the wheel well. Or, I'm sure they could build you a wheel with a 4" lip. By the way, you didn't tell us WHAT your putting the LSx into. To me it sounds like you really like the wheels. What I'm saying is - they'll probably make any wheel you want. So, irregardless of what anyone else's opinion is, put the wheels on the car you're obviously putting so much effort into. They may wind up being the cherry ontop. :D
2006 GT.
enzyte-bob

Post by enzyte-bob »

Brian wrote:Hmm, Uber Expensive and not real low weight I bet... My experience with customers who go this direction is that the "bad ass" factor wears off quickly after a few months of totally brutal ride quality that literally beats the car to pieces....and after a few pot holes cause regular need for repair or replacement of $700 wheels the wheels end up for sale.

Hi Brian! How brutal is the ride quality of the Enkei rpf1 16x8`s with 245/35/16 t1r`s that you sell? I could buy a set for the track and street for the price of the customs. The main reason I`m looking at 16`s is there are a FEW more options in wide sizes. Thx
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

enzyte-bob wrote:
Brian wrote:Hmm, Uber Expensive and not real low weight I bet... My experience with customers who go this direction is that the "bad ass" factor wears off quickly after a few months of totally brutal ride quality that literally beats the car to pieces....and after a few pot holes cause regular need for repair or replacement of $700 wheels the wheels end up for sale.

Hi Brian! How brutal is the ride quality of the Enkei rpf1 16x8`s with 245/35/16 t1r`s that you sell? I could buy a set for the track and street for the price of the customs. The main reason I`m looking at 16`s is there are a FEW more options in wide sizes. Thx
That's one of the few light 16x8s I know of...under 15 pounds. Thus, with that tire the ride quality is still pretty good and that combo has been real popular with our turbo, supercharger, and V8 Miata customers. If not running that much power then it may be a bit of overkill.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jayebass

Post by jayebass »

My god those are hideous.
mk2tmr2

Post by mk2tmr2 »

I know this may be a day late and a dollar short, but if you PM danscreations on miata.net he'll tell you what size those wheels are. If I caught this thread a week ago you could have even bought them. But it looks like they sold yesterday.
danscreations

Post by danscreations »

Ohla! The blue miata is mine and I work for CCW. The wheels are 16x9.5's all the way around with 245/35R16 Toyo T1R's. The wheels are 9.5" wide just to stretch the tire slightly due to the frontspacing of the wheels. They're a little too agressive for the car but with the stretch, rolled fenders, and some negative camber they can be pulled off. The same 9.5" could be build with more backspacing (higher offset) to fit the car better or you would want to do is build a 16x9" as the tire then wouldn't be stretched.

The setup your asking about is the following:
Front: 16x9.5 +29
Rear: 16x9.5 +22

We recently designed a new center that allows for a larger lip and better caliper clearance for stock and big brake kits.

More Photos:
http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=20136

Wheels will very in weight as pad thickness can change depending on the needed offset. The wheels in the photo on the site were 16.5lbs and the new LM16's above are 16lbs. Not sure why you would say they have a brutal ride quality; suspension, and tires make that up not the wheels. So if that's the case your refuring to the low profile of a 245/35R16 which would apply to RPF1 or anything else you could jam the tire on. I can't speak for the entire 3pc wheels market but as far as CCW is concerned you won't have any of the issues you speak of. The wheel as a whole passes test loads near indy car and nascar test loads which are 3 times more than oem and I'm sure they're heaps over almost any aftermarket wheel. We started out making race wheels....not the other way around like most manufactures.
Dan