What are these offsets???

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
enzyte-bob

What are these offsets???

Post by enzyte-bob »

These wheels are bad a**! A bit too agressive in the rear for my tastes but close. They look to be 16x9`s with 245/35 tires. Any guess`s on the offsets? Thx
http://www.ccwheel.com/files/gallery.php
I couldn`t get the direct link to the miata pics to come up so just use the tabs :(
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Those wheels are made to fit your car. If you look at the technical page, they ask you what width wheel you want to use and how much backspace you need. For almost $700.00 per wheel you've got to figure that's the least they could do for you. You didn't mention what vehicle you want to use them on.
2006 GT.
enzyte-bob

Post by enzyte-bob »

Sorry :D I understand that those are custom order wheels. Heck, that`s even the name of the company. I said to look at the picture of the wheels on the miata. I`m wondering what the offsets were on that particular car (if someone could tell just by looking). Those wheels are $550 a piece for the race version. Same price roughly as a custom order Work, SSR or Volk. I guess what I`d like to know is what offsets would you need to run 16x9`s with 245+ tires to just clear rolled fenders. Thx
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hmm, Uber Expensive and not real low weight I bet... My experience with customers who go this direction is that the "bad ass" factor wears off quickly after a few months of totally brutal ride quality that literally beats the car to pieces....and after a few pot holes cause regular need for repair or replacement of $700 wheels the wheels end up for sale.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
enzyte-bob

Post by enzyte-bob »

Hi Brian! Could you give me a guess to what those offsets are?
enzyte-bob

Post by enzyte-bob »

I`m looking for wheels that will go on a LSx powered miata. It looks like I have 2 options other than a costum wheel to get some decent sized rubber down: Enkei or 6UL. Not a huge fan of the looks of either(no offense) even though I`ll probably buy one or the other.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

It looks like a couple of things are going on. First, it doesn't look like they're making this wheel anymore. Second, if they are, it doesn't matter what the offset is because it's custom made to fit your car. Looking at the picture there's no way of knowing what the offset is. If you want to use a 8" wide rim and you want 4" of backspace it'll be 0. Third , it looks like the rims start at 18". If you want the wheels, you should contact them. They would probably be able to tell you how much they cost, what size you need for your car, and the seemingly All Holy,All Powerful, All Important weight of the wheel. My advice would be, if you really like the wheels, reach out to them and see if they can help . :D
2006 GT.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

:? I just went back to that website. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why your asking any questions here. They give you almost everything you need to know about the wheels. If you like them, get them. Post pics after you put them on.
2006 GT.
enzyte-bob

Post by enzyte-bob »

JamesM wrote::? I just went back to that website. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why your asking any questions here. They give you almost everything you need to know about the wheels. If you like them, get them. Post pics after you put them on.

Yea, All the information EXCEPT for the ONLY question I asked: What are the offsets for the 16x9 wheels with 245/35 tires on THAT miata! If you don`t know by just looking then fine. Thanks for helping :roll:
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hard to tell from pictures because we don't know how thick things are at the mounting surface but my estimate from the pictures is roughly 20mm offset. Looks like the fenders were pulled quite a bit for clearance.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com