Looking to buy Konig Runaways....some questions...

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
GordonJ

Looking to buy Konig Runaways....some questions...

Post by GordonJ »

Hello everyone,

My car is an '06 GT, lowered around 2 inches on EIBACH SPORTLINE springs.

I've decided to buy some new wheels and tires, and have all but settled on the Konig Runaways, for their light weight, low price, and looks.
http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0087.html

Here are my questions I hope can be cleared up:

1.) I'd like to go with the wheel I linked to above, with the stock (205/45/17) size and 44mm offset.
I'd REALLY like to avoid rolling fenders if at all possible. Would this size be the best choice to clear the fenders and avoid rubbing?
Would it be wiser to go for the wider (17x8) wheel with 235/40/17 tire and 46mm offset?

Again, I'm looking for the closest to what I currently have handling and feel, and hopefully avoiding a fender roll. I'm not Autox or racing.

2.) Is a hubcentric ring required for both sizes?

3.) This is for Brian: If a customer buys a set of wheels and tires from you that are NOT listed in your "wheel/tire combo" section, will you mount and balance the tires onto the wheels?

Thanks to anyone and everyone for their help! Happy motoring! :D
2006 MX-5 Grand Touring
True Red
Premium Package II
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

With the 235/40 you really want a 48mm offset if you want a guarantee of no need to roll fender lips. With the 205 tire width you can go 44mm. Any of the wheel choices take a hubcentric ring. All the tires include "mount and balance" as indicated.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
GordonJ

Post by GordonJ »

Thanks for the reply Brian!

I'm thinking of going with 215/45-17 with the Konig Runaways 17x7s. Do you see these as acceptable? Or is the extra rubber not worth it?

Also, for the 44mm et, would it be advisable to get a set of longer lug nuts?

Thanks again for your time, I hope to be ordering before the end of the week. :)
2006 MX-5 Grand Touring
True Red
Premium Package II
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Don't need different lugs for that... The 215/45 is getting a little close to your fender lips (both wider and TALLER than your factory rubber). Could not guarantee no rub with that choice....might need just a hint of rear lip roll depending on camber setting. With enough camber it would tuck in just fine.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
GordonJ

Post by GordonJ »

Brian wrote:Don't need different lugs for that... The 215/45 is getting a little close to your fender lips (both wider and TALLER than your factory rubber). Could not guarantee no rub with that choice....might need just a hint of rear lip roll depending on camber setting. With enough camber it would tuck in just fine.

So no special lugs needed for those wheels then? Stock will be alright?

And I suppose I'll be sticking with 205s, I've got no complaints with them.

Thanks again for all your help, I'll be placing my order within the next 24 hours.
:)
2006 MX-5 Grand Touring
True Red
Premium Package II