Enkei PF01 pictures on NC miata

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
MX-5 Cup

Re: Enkei PF01 pictures on NC miata

Post by MX-5 Cup »

AZ Sun Lover wrote:Thanks again Brian for your reply. Hmm, funny I saw / read one owner was running a BBS wheel in a 18x8 +60et w/ a 235/40-18 tire he said nothing about rubbing on the rear. He was lowered a fair amount with H&R coilovers from what I remember. 285/30-18 that's a lot of tire for a little car. Would be good for a race car but I'm thinking might be a bit much for street driving. I would think it would "track" / pull all over the place with groves in the roadway. The 17x8.5 +50 wheel would look nice to me w/ 255/40-17 tire.

Thanks again,
ASL

PS. Sure like to see in person that little yellow car maybe go for a ride in a real race car? Thanks for all your insight.

That's funny... I try on my MX5 GT the BBS 18x8.5 +55mm 21lbs who come OEM in the Subaru STi 08+, they fit perfectly on our car without any rubbing, the tire was the big 245-35-18 ! After this test, I was thinking about the Ultraleggera 18x9 +55mm 19lbs... 285-30-18 with this wheel maybe fit without rubbing ? Anyway, it could be another wheel option ! STi wheels... Yeah that's crazy, but it's works ! :lol:
I LOVE MY MX-5 :)
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

And how did you know it was not rubbing the inside on full suspension compression? Did you have a camera in there to witness full compression?

I didn't realize we were rubbing the inside until after about a year of competition when I noticed that the underbody coating was gone on a 2x2 inch patch of bare metal inside both rear wheel wells to the inside. I have had a few customers tell me similar setups "don't rub" and we jack up and pull the wheel and they are always surprised to see that bare metal....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
MX-5 Cup

Post by MX-5 Cup »

Brian wrote:And how did you know it was not rubbing the inside on full suspension compression? Did you have a camera in there to witness full compression?

I didn't realize we were rubbing the inside until after about a year of competition when I noticed that the underbody coating was gone on a 2x2 inch patch of bare metal inside both rear wheel wells to the inside. I have had a few customers tell me similar setups "don't rub" and we jack up and pull the wheel and they are always surprised to see that bare metal....

Well, I run 2 weeks with this set-up... STi 08+ BBS 18x8.5 +55mm with 245-35-18 and no issue at all, the offset of this wheel is perfect for us ! I have stock suspension with Eibach sway-bars... :D
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yeah, I didn't know after two weeks either... Not a big deal, I ended up taking a hammer to the section of metal to push it just a little out of the way.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
MX-5 Cup

Post by MX-5 Cup »

Brian wrote:Yeah, I didn't know after two weeks either... Not a big deal, I ended up taking a hammer to the section of metal to push it just a little out of the way.
Your case is not the same, because your suspension have a big drop... Mine is stock ! :lol:
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

MX-5 Cup wrote:
AZ Sun Lover wrote:Thanks again Brian for your reply. Hmm, funny I saw / read one owner was running a BBS wheel in a 18x8 +60et w/ a 235/40-18 tire he said nothing about rubbing on the rear. He was lowered a fair amount with H&R coilovers from what I remember. 285/30-18 that's a lot of tire for a little car. Would be good for a race car but I'm thinking might be a bit much for street driving. I would think it would "track" / pull all over the place with groves in the roadway. The 17x8.5 +50 wheel would look nice to me w/ 255/40-17 tire.

Thanks again,
ASL

PS. Sure like to see in person that little yellow car maybe go for a ride in a real race car? Thanks for all your insight.

That's funny... I try on my MX5 GT the BBS 18x8.5 +55mm 21lbs who come OEM in the Subaru STi 08+, they fit perfectly on our car without any rubbing, the tire was the big 245-35-18 ! After this test, I was thinking about the Ultraleggera 18x9 +55mm 19lbs... 285-30-18 with this wheel maybe fit without rubbing ? Anyway, it could be another wheel option ! STi wheels... Yeah that's crazy, but it's works ! :lol:
MX-5 Cup,
I take it you had the hub center machine out of the wheel, because the Suby hubs are 56.1mm and our Mazda hub centers are 67.1mm.
I'm I right MX-5 Cup and or Brian?

Thanks.
skirmish41

Post by skirmish41 »

Is there any update on this wheel? I would like to know

1. if a black finish is available as an option (someone mentioned on earlier post of this thread)

2. what is the TRUE weight of the 17x7.5 +45 and 17x8 +45?

btw enkei lists the 18x7.5 +45 as 17.2 lbs.

thanks! i'd be interested in the black finish. so sad enkei doesn't have a lot available with black finish! even the RPF1's are have limited sizes for this....