Volks Racing RE30

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
99leeric

Volks Racing RE30

Post by 99leeric »

hey all,

i just purchased Volks RE30 18" x 7.5 ... wrapped in 225/35/18.

i have a 2008 MX5 GT with performance pack.

i am lowering my vehicle with Eibach Pro Kits with the bilstein shocks on the performance package.

will i be okay? no rubbing right?
99leeric

Post by 99leeric »

Sorry for the bump but can anyone pls shed some light on this... i tried searching and i read that some people have a similar set up with no rubbing or fitment issues but just wondering if i can get a double confirmation... :)

thx
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

This is actually covered in the wheel threads...the critical piece of info missing here is the offset. Assuming your offset is about 48 or 50mm then those will fit your stock MX5 fenders without rub.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
catshark

Post by catshark »

Hi 99leeric

Could you post some pictures including closeups of your new wheels once they are on your car. I would be interested to see how they look!

Thanks
Bryan
99leeric

Post by 99leeric »

Brian, thanks for responding...i know they were covered in the wheel thread but i kept geting bits and bites and wanted confirmation from you... since you know best. my offset is 50mm so i should be fine...
also is it true that Eibach's actually lower only 0.75" whereas they state 1.5" in the F and 1.3" in the rear.. they lower less than what they advertise?

i'd like to start ordering from you... however i'm located in Canada... have you had customers complain about the duties when ordering from you

Thanks again for all your help...

catshark - will post once i get them on :)
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Most of the duty/brokerage issues in shipping to Canada center around UPS brokerage rates. We ship most items FED EX these days.... Also, many Canadians use our online system to ship to a mail drop on the US side of the border for pickup.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
99leeric

Post by 99leeric »

can you tell me more about your online system to ship to a mail drop. where do most cdns ship their items... i'd like to do the same thing!
spigot52

Post by spigot52 »

Where are you in Canada?
'07 RX8/'06 MX5
99leeric

Post by 99leeric »

spigot52; toronto canada.
catshark

Post by catshark »

99leeric wrote:spigot52; toronto canada.
Forget the pictures, I'm also in Toronto, give me a shout when you have the wheels on! I'd like to see them in person if you don't mind showing them off.

bryan.reid(at)rogers(dot)com