Prodrive GC-014i 18"x7.5" on 2008 NC

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
Tyler H

Prodrive GC-014i 18"x7.5" on 2008 NC

Post by Tyler H »

EvoStevo

Re: Prodrive GC-014i 18"x7.5" on 2008 NC

Post by EvoStevo »

Nice wheels
99leeric

Post by 99leeric »

nice!

what size tires

what kind of suspension?
Tyler H

Post by Tyler H »

Thanks guys! The tires are 225/35/18 as Brian recommends for stock-like runout. The suspension is Mazdaspeed springs on the stock Bilstein shocks that come with the sport package.
99leeric

Post by 99leeric »

that's really cool. i got the same springs - eibachs.. with the same tire combo.. so i'm pretty excited to get these slapped on...

how's the handling with the MS springs with the stock bilsteins?

is that the stock NC bodykit? front lip, side skirts and rear skirt?
Tyler H

Post by Tyler H »

99leeric wrote:that's really cool. i got the same springs - eibachs.. with the same tire combo.. so i'm pretty excited to get these slapped on...

how's the handling with the MS springs with the stock bilsteins?

is that the stock NC bodykit? front lip, side skirts and rear skirt?
I actually got the car with the MS springs already installed. I thought it handled great. But then when I swapped the springs back to stock a week ago, I realized how much of an improvement over stock they were. It was night and day! The stock springs just felt like the squat, dive, and dip at every opportunity. The MS springs were much more controlled, yet still felt "softer" during normal driving. I would definitely recommend the combo.

The body kit is OEM Mazda appearance package.
99leeric

Post by 99leeric »

hey tyler,

i sent you an email re: your parts..

are you still selling them?

I just got my eibachs installed yesterday with my OEM Bilsteins and i actually noticed that handling seems like it's less direct... but then in some high speed corners it felt better...

i am confused.. can anyone comment on this? is this normal?
catshark

Post by catshark »

99leeric wrote:hey tyler,

i sent you an email re: your parts..

are you still selling them?

I just got my eibachs installed yesterday with my OEM Bilsteins and i actually noticed that handling seems like it's less direct... but then in some high speed corners it felt better...

i am confused.. can anyone comment on this? is this normal?
Have you had an alignment done yet? If you haven't that would probably be the reason or else the OEM Bilsteins could be working harder with the new springs maybe? When I replaced my springs I also installed new shocks that were valved appropriately for them.

Did you put your new wheels on at the same time?
99leeric

Post by 99leeric »

catshark - no i didnt do an alignment simply because all the research done shows no need to... after driving the car for more than a week i've noticed that it's fine now.. it's just a different type of feeling... i will need to get the sways tho

yah i installed them a week afterwards. i want to post them up. how do i do that?
catshark

Post by catshark »

99leeric wrote:catshark - no i didnt do an alignment simply because all the research done shows no need to... after driving the car for more than a week i've noticed that it's fine now.. it's just a different type of feeling... i will need to get the sways tho

yah i installed them a week afterwards. i want to post them up. how do i do that?
You should seriously consider getting an alignment done. After lowering the car you probably have more negative camber then you need, which will cause increased uneven wear to your tires. After my suspension upgrade I was running -1.7 camber up front and my toe in the back was really screwed up (one side was 0.45 and the other was -0.2 when they should have been 0.10). The car's stability and handling will certainly improve so it's worth the money

If you are planning to get mazdaspeed/Eibach sways let me know; I'd be willing to sell you mine.