Konig Ampliform - New Flow Formed Wheel!

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Konig Ampliform - New Flow Formed Wheel!

Post by Brian »

Dark Metallic Grey Konig 17x8 Ampliform on ND Miata
Picture Courtesy Customer Devin Desrosier
Attachments
GraphiteAmpWhite.jpg
WhiteAmpliformND.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

New Konig Ampliform Wheels on ND Miata
Picture Courtesy Customer Kevin Austin
Attachments
NDAmp2.jpeg
AmpNC.jpeg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Pictures Courtesy Customer Fernando Vera
Attachments
AmpFiat.jpeg
AmpFiat2.jpeg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Konig 17x8 Ampliform on Fiat 124
Picture Courtesy Customer Christian Peehler
Attachments
FiatAmpG5.jpg
FiatAmpG3.jpg
AmpFiatG2.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
KurtH460

Post by KurtH460 »

Brian,
I'm planning on the Tungsten 6ULs (17x8) because of the super light weight (~14.7lbs). I want to mount these with the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S because it is SO well rated! The size will have to be 245/40/17..closest height match (24.7") to stock (24.3") available. As a bonus, this size only weighs 22lbs (stock 205/45/17 Bridgestone S001 is 19lbs)...for a combined weight of about 36.7lbs each corner mounted! I have a Chicane Racing fender roll tool to make some extra room.
My wife's 2017 Club ST/6M is Meteor Grey like this car and I DO like the color match with this Ampliform rim, but it weighs almost 3lbs more than the 6ULs (at 17.75lbs) in a 17x8.
Do you know the weight of a stock MX-5 Club/GT rim?
I'd consider this "heavier" rim if the stock rim was heavy already.
My new tire will be 3lbs heavier than stock :( , so I don't want the rim to be heavier too!! That 6UL should be lighter than stock, or at least same??
××Side note, I will be going with your GWR 12.88" BB6p front and 2piece rear rotor (with 4p caliper or painted stock caliper) to save as much unsprung weight as possible!! (My wife wants her Club to have RED brakes like my Challenger SRTs huge..RED 6p/14.5" front & 4p/14.0" rear) I'm a NUT for unsprung weight, so will probably HAVE to get the 6ULs, but I like the color match of this rim better than the Tungsten (and my wife likes the style match to my SRT rim pattern!
Thanks for the stock weight (if you know it) and any help OR comments!!
Kurt
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Your stock 17x7 wheel is a bit over 17 pounds. Thus the 6UL is dropping a few pounds and will have the best ride, the Ampliform is about a push on weight compared to stock but wider. The wider wheel will support sidewall more, so when all other things are equal, the Ampliform will ride stiffer because of more sidewall support with benefit of giving a lot more stability in the corners for the same tire size. Most going with 17x8 go with 225/45 or 235/40. I seem to recall that tire choice of yours comes in 225/45. Yes, slightly tall but many have posted pics at Miata.net, perhaps have a look. I currently have 225/45/17 on wife's 17x8 Tungsten 6UL on her Supercharged RF.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Customer added the RED Stripe, love the impact it makes with our Wilwood Calipers.
Attachments
REdstripeAmp.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
KurtH460

Post by KurtH460 »

Brian wrote:Your stock 17x7 wheel is a bit over 17 pounds. Thus the 6UL is dropping a few pounds and will have the best ride, the Ampliform is about a push on weight compared to stock but wider. The wider wheel will support sidewall more, so when all other things are equal, the Ampliform will ride stiffer because of more sidewall support with benefit of giving a lot more stability in the corners for the same tire size. Most going with 17x8 go with 225/45 or 235/40. I seem to recall that tire choice of yours comes in 225/45. Yes, slightly tall but many have posted pics at Miata.net, perhaps have a look. I currently have 225/45/17 on wife's 17x8 Tungsten 6UL on her Supercharged RF.
Ok Brian,
So stock weight is ~17lbs for wheel and 19lbs for tire for 36lbs total. So, gonna have to be the 6UL at ~14.7lbs, and then if I do go with the MSS4S at 22 lbs, that'll put me at a wash on weight at ~36.7lbs...thenthe brakes will have to be the unspring weight winner for me!! :D
What's your thought on this? The MSS4S has a 0.2" taller sidewall, which in theory should give a bit more "compliant" flex...along with putting it on an 8"rim instead of the recommended 8.5" rim, should also mean a bit more flex (range of fitment is 8.0-9.5").

Am I wrong in this thinking??

I really want the MSS4S, BUT am willing to rethink a different tire, but the 235/40s are limited. I don't really want a 225 though.

I should mention, this is my wife's car..and a s**t fit will occur if I decrease her love of her Miata!! She has sanctioned the BIG RED BRAKES..AND wants bigger wheels..but must keep her comfortable too! I want sway bars, exhaust, and S/C also so keeping her happy will get me more mods with less resistance :D

Thanks Brian!!
Kurt
Last edited by KurtH460 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I should say for those reading along it is stock ND Miata that has 17x7 just over 17 pounds, stock Abarth 17x7 is very heavy at 22 pounds. New GT 17x7 is alleged to be more like the Miata light OEM 17x7 but have yet to weigh one here. Stock ND Club optional BBS rim is a bit over 15 pounds.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
KurtH460

Post by KurtH460 »

Brian,
I don't think my response loaded, so I'll say again, GREAT info there for anyone wanting to wheel mod their NDs, etc!!
I'll be contacting you this week to start my long list of mods!!
Thank you, Kurt