2006 NC track Wheels

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
Black Miata

2006 NC track Wheels

Post by Black Miata »

Hi, Cost aside I am looking to set up my car for track work, I can either use the original 17" wheels for the track and buy fancy road wheels in 18" or I can keep standard 17" for road an buy 16" track. What is going to work the best?
Regards George
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Check our threads here in the forum for our track setup of RP03s in 17x8 with RA1s, that's a relatively easy setup to fit. It is pretty tough to find new light wheels in the 16x8 size that will fit the NC, but see our info and pictures here on old RX7 16x8s.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
miataman

Post by miataman »

Is there any way of fitting any 15" wheels on the NC?
I have been searching for track tires (mainly 225/45/16) for my RX7 wheels and the option are just so limited and tires so expensive.
The options in 15" wheels are so much more and so much cheaper :!:
Anything?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, there is no way to fit 15s....barely enough room for the 16s.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
charlie brown

Post by charlie brown »

Brian,
Just to let you know that I ran the old 16x8 RX7 wheels at a track day on Monday.

The rears were fitted with 225x50 Dunlop D01Js that hung on exceptionally well. The fronts were fitted with Kumos.

The only problem I had was that I ran over a ripple strip and the tire pulled the rear fender lip down. This occured at about the 10 o'clock position on the guard, your drivers side.

From previous threads I had read that only 245 tires required rolling of the lip. The rear (& front) is lowered 40mm which is about 5mm more than the Eibachs so this may have contributed.

My suggestion is that if anyone is considering running this wheel/tire size, then you should roll the lip to be sure of clearance.