Wheel mistake ?? Wish I'd read forums.

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
bb

Wheel mistake ?? Wish I'd read forums.

Post by bb »

I'm new to the Miata,,, so I made the mistake of buying a wheel that weights to much,,, I'm guessing,, and also proly not such a good size either. But at the time, looks and ease of cleaning meant the most... Little did I know that everything I'd read once finding these forums,,, would explain the harsh ride I'm dealing with now.

Would changing the springs help this problem any????

99 Miata
517s Drftz wheels 18x7 205-35/18

They fit nicely, and no scrubbing, and the tires are only maybe 1/4 in. or less in height taller than the 14 in. tires that were on vehicle..

Sure wish I had the old ride back, keeping the new wheels and tires.

Any HELP,,,, please?

Thanks,
BB
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry to hear of your results. I did very similar when I bought my first Miata back in 1994. I bought some really cool looking and NOT cheap Cyber Racing rims for it. They were over 15 pounds each and the ride quality was so bad that I sold them within three months.

I am sorry to report that the only way you too will fix the issue is to sell those rims. At least there is EBAY now...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
bb

Thanks Brian

Post by bb »

I figured your answer would be just as it was...

So guess I'll keep the car on some of these twisting back roads of N.C. Any interstate driving is out of the question,,, just to rough,,, never ending thump, thump..

Hope others read your artical before doing as I've done,
"buying those good looking, easy to clean,,,,, HEAVY wheels".

Thanks again Brian.

BB