Rota

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
EvoStevo

Rota

Post by EvoStevo »

Brian, do you ever plan on stocking rota wheels?

i need something light and cheap. ROTA Wheels Slipstream 17x8 (5x114.3+48mm)

Also, when wheel sites list wheel fittments i.e. 5x114, are they leaving out the .3 or is 5x114.3 the same?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, when they say 5x114 they are all the same fitment.

Sorry, not likely to carry the bigger Rota. We generally only carry Rota when we can't get anything else for the fitment. So, you will see we carry some 15x7.5 rota wheels for the STS2 class guys because the 7.5 wide size is very tough to find. The reason for this policy is that we have found Rota quality to be substandard. First, Rota wheels are not very round in my experience...and obviously we want wheels to be ROUND. Rough industry standard for radial run-out is around .020 and most Rota wheels I have seen are more than that...have seen .090 and beyond. Still usable for the racers needing it cheap and dirty but needs more lead weight to balance which won't help ride any so I can't feel good about selling them as street wheels. Have also had issues with color variance from batch to batch such that if you order "silver" today and then three months from now need a a single replacement you may not get a "silver" that actually matches the other three in your set.

So, since that 48mm 17x8 fitment is not hard to get in a quality wheel like the Enkei brand, we are not likely to carry that fitment in Rota.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Reitrof

Rota Slistream 16x7 45mm

Post by Reitrof »

Hi Brian,

For the NC, will this work? and if so what would be the largest tire that would fit?

Thanks
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Rota Slistream 16x7 45mm

Post by Brian »

a223818 wrote:Hi Brian,

For the NC, will this work? and if so what would be the largest tire that would fit?

Thanks

Many pages of info here in other threads on what fits the NC.....also see the individual wheels (we include explanations of what fits in many of the wheel descriptions). See the RPO3 thread, the RP-F1 thread, JS+M, etc.

In general, stock size you can go down to about 40mm. Max size without rolling fenders is 235/40/17 at 48 to 50mm. With fender rolling we have done as much as 285/30/18 all four corners. Again, see existing threads for much more info and pictures, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com