16" Konig Featherlites on 99' 10AE Miata

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
Will Work For Speed

16" Konig Featherlites on 99' 10AE Miata

Post by Will Work For Speed »

Finally installed these bad boyz today after finishing up my rear wheel bearing change. These wheels are great. Not too big, not too small. The spokes look great and make the wheel look much larger. It fit the bill perfect for me cause I was going from 17's and love the large wheel look, but did not love the ride quality and peformance degredation. Side by side with my old 17's, these 16" deceive the eye and look bigger. I lost 8.5 lbs per corner and it is noticable during acceleration, even my wife who doesn't even know what unsprung weight means could feel the difference. Enjoy, amazing quality rims and great looks for a killer price, can't beat that. 8)

Will be getting some pictures driving with them soon to show what they look like when driving. :D
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Looks Good! Thanks for the great pics!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Will Work For Speed

Post by Will Work For Speed »

No, thank you Brian! Very excellent service. Ordered Wednesday morning, had them on my doorstep on Friday afternoon, balanced perfectly. I did think I scored a freebee set of Porterfield RS4 pads at first, but that was just a box for the center caps, lol. Anyway, I really appreiciate your friendliness and prompt service.

BTW, I will be ordering some RS4's very soon :D
calmiata

Post by calmiata »

I would like to order these same wheels for my 2001 Miata, but I'm new to this, and have a question about tire sizes. What would be the best size tires to go with these rims? 205/45/16? What are the pros and cons of different tire sizes? I plan to get toyo T1R with them if that makes a difference.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

calmiata wrote:I would like to order these same wheels for my 2001 Miata, but I'm new to this, and have a question about tire sizes. What would be the best size tires to go with these rims? 205/45/16? What are the pros and cons of different tire sizes? I plan to get toyo T1R with them if that makes a difference.
Factory 16 is just 6.5 inches wide and this 7 inch wide choice gives you a choice on tire sizes. Your first option is to stay with the same size tire of 205/45/16 and the extra rim width will give you better performance from that tire by better supporting the tire sidewalls for sharper turn-in and more stable contact patch. Or, you can use the extra width to go a little wider with your tire for a little more ultimate grip (such as a 215/40/16 size).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
calmiata

Post by calmiata »

Brian wrote:
calmiata wrote:I would like to order these same wheels for my 2001 Miata, but I'm new to this, and have a question about tire sizes. What would be the best size tires to go with these rims? 205/45/16? What are the pros and cons of different tire sizes? I plan to get toyo T1R with them if that makes a difference.
Factory 16 is just 6.5 inches wide and this 7 inch wide choice gives you a choice on tire sizes. Your first option is to stay with the same size tire of 205/45/16 and the extra rim width will give you better performance from that tire by better supporting the tire sidewalls for sharper turn-in and more stable contact patch. Or, you can use the extra width to go a little wider with your tire for a little more ultimate grip (such as a 215/40/16 size).
Do you know the weight difference between these two tire sizes? My car is really just a weekend top-down mountain/twisty road driver. I want the best option for that.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That 215/40 is 18 pounds. That 205/45 is 19 pounds.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
miley

Re: 16" Konig Featherlites on 99' 10AE Miata

Post by miley »

Great looking car. Did you lower the car - if yes, how much did you lower it and what brand of springs?