what tire size for these (NC)

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
pktsimon

what tire size for these (NC)

Post by pktsimon »

I got myself a set of BBS LM

Front 18x 8"
Rear 18x 8.5"

what is the best tire size that i should get? :roll: Any idea would be appreciate, thank you!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Impossible to answer without knowing the offset....and your use of the car.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
pktsimon

Post by pktsimon »

Front 18x 8" +40
Rear 18x 8.5" +43

and it's mainly for daily driving...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hmm...those rims are not good daily driver choices. Here is the problem, we use that range of offsets for racing and my own NC has 17x8.5 at 40mm for racing but that's with 245/40/17 and substantially rolled fender lips...not to mention that your car will be spraying the painted sides of the doors, rocker panels, fenders, etc., with rocks picked up by the tires sticking out (I have LOTS of clearbra to protect mine from this issue while racing and I recommend it). You could run a lot less tire on those rims to avoid the fender lip work but then you would face a high risk of curb rash. A 215 wide tire choice should clear both front and rear on those wheels and a 225 is going to be real close to clearing without need for fender work.

But, if not afraid of getting serious with rolling the fender lips to make it work then the natural choice would be 235mm wide which would nicely fill the rims and help avoid curb rash, etc.
Last edited by Brian on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
pktsimon

Post by pktsimon »

Thanks Brian

Appreciate for your reply that's some valid concerns, i guess wouldn't use anything wider than 225 then!

With the 18" setup what is the best way to fill that huge wheel well? should i just get shorter spring or are there any brand of coil over is good (comfort) for street ride?
OM-ARC

Post by OM-ARC »

Brain

I too am looking at changing the wheels out for 18" - something like the Enkei RSV 18x7.5 with a 45 offset and 225/35R18 (Hankook or Toyos) as well as increasing the negative camber a bit to have them lean in just a hair more. All I read brings me to the conclusion this will work without having to roll the fenders and will fill them in nicely - your opinion? I have Eibach Sportline and adjustable Koni - so it's lowered a bit.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The 225 will fit at 45 offset....but as with the BBS LMs this other fellow has that particular Enkei wheel is too heavy. We sell all the light Enkei choices...and skip those that are too heavy for the car. Just understand you are doing it for the look you want despite the fact you are lowering the performance of the car with that choice...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com