Mazdaspeed 6 wheels/tires for track day and AX

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
Jazzycat

Mazdaspeed 6 wheels/tires for track day and AX

Post by Jazzycat »

I'm in proces of building a Mazdaspeed 6 Track/AX car. Car will have Koni 30 series coilovers with a about 1 to 1.5 inch drop that I plan to install in November.

If I roll the fenders what size wheel and tire can I fit? What offset should I get.

I currently run a 18x7.5 48 with Falken 235/40/18, but would like to go wider. My concern is making sure I clear suspension on inside while getting away with a fender roll.

Any ideas?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hi Jazzycat, you are in relatively uncharted territory. I would carefully measure clearance on your current setup to estimate how much more you can fit to inside and outside. From fitting that same combo to these before I recall we got 245s on one by putting all the extra to the outside and rolling the fenders lips good but I can't recall the offset we used to do it.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Jazzycat

Post by Jazzycat »

I currently have 18x7.5 wheels with 52 mm offset with Falken 235/40/18 tires. I hear stock 18x8 RX8 rims offer enough clearence for 245 width with a little fender rolling in rear only. Unsure of offset of stock RX8 wheels. I would rather be safe with enough offset on inside to clear suspension. I'm really not sure what to measure.

With my current setup I have about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch of clearence on inside and over an inch on outside - rear fender is the one with least amount of room.

Grant
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

RX8 factory 18x8 rim is 50mm offset. I suspect our previous work was with one of our many 48mm choices but I found this link and I would be interested to talk with this guy about how much room he had to the inside and the outside with his setup:

http://www.autocross.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=3448
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
kerpal

Post by kerpal »

Jazzycat wrote:I currently have 18x7.5 wheels with 52 mm offset with Falken 235/40/18 tires. I hear stock 18x8 RX8 rims offer enough clearence for 245 width with a little fender rolling in rear truck part only. Unsure of offset of stock RX8 wheels. I would rather be safe with enough offset on inside to clear suspension. I'm really not sure what to measure.

With my current setup I have about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch of clearence on inside and over an inch on outside - rear fender is the one with least amount of room.

Grant
You have pics of those pics your saying men??
sloopercat

Post by sloopercat »

I had the RX-8 rims on my Speed6, T-1R 235/40's. No issues with rubbing.